My new Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Doug! What horn is that?
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• You have been busy! That's quite the list of chores for 6 weeks. Keep it up.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
        Nice Doug! What horn is that?
        Stebel Horn, nautilius series, 139db @ 4 ", 115 DB @ 2 meters. Italian made, I have a smaller motorcycle version on my 75 EB.
        Bought two of these (Jeep needs one) at Griots garage (www.griotsgarage.com) #77505 Black ultra compact $39.99 each, comes with mounting bolt, 30 amp relay, filtered air inlet adapter.
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

• I got the 77 Bronco's smog done yesterday, so I am good for two more years. Stayed up late last night and got the passenger seat in, antenna hooked up, hood shocks installed (no more wooden stick), and a few wiring details finished up. I guess now it is start on the EFI install, or rebuild the suspension, or change the gearing, or paint the hardtop, or...

Comment

• Re: My new Bronco

Well I have two upgrades to report: Gas shock hood support and a new Rad overflow/ windshield wiper fluid reservoir. Too bad the crack in the hood I fixed reappeared once I installed the shocks... Another re-engineer job!

And the Aero EFI tank is ready to put in, as soon as I check the sender with the Bronco gauge. I used the factory holes for the 77 fuel tank to mount the Aero. An interesting install, nothing is flat... from the tank to the frame. I have an extra port on top of the tank, that is for transfering fuel from the aux saddle tank with a pump. Going to the exhaust shop tomorrow, new Y-pipe with O2 sensor bungs. Fuel lines and wiring after that

(The wood sticks taped to the sides are my spacers, 1/2 clearance on 3 sides...)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-14-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
              Well I have two upgrades to report: Gas shock hood support and a new Rad overflow/ windshield wiper fluid reservoir.
              hey looks just like the washer/overflow reservoir and bracket i used. later f150-350? yours looks new. mine is more p-n-p-ish!
              6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

So I have Officially started the EFI conversion. EFI Tank is mounted, fuel fill hooked up, just had to adapt it down in size. (2 1/2" to 1 3/4")
                Fuel filter is mounted, 3/8 supply, 5/16 return, bent up my own lines. Side tank transfer pump almost done, I need a stubby 3/8 fuel filter... I started the tear down of the motor from Carb to EFI... Installed a new speedo cable and VSS... I need to make a rear wiring harness up, from the fuel tank forward, all in good time and when my GM weather pack stuff shows up...
                Fuel pump block off, with new frame ground... You can never have enough grounds...
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice work Doug! Man are you gonna love the EFI once you get it all dialed in.

So what upper and lower manifolds are you going to use?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                    Nice work Doug! Man are you gonna love the EFI once you get it all dialed in.

So what upper and lower manifolds are you going to use?
                    Just Factory stuff for now, remember I will have to go see the smog Referee when everything is all together...

Comment

Doug, I'm planning on the Aero tank swap this week. Same as yours, weld in brackets. Snap a few pics of your install/mounts would be a help....
                      Rick-
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                        Doug, I'm planning on the Aero tank swap this week. Same as yours, weld in brackets. Snap a few pics of your install/mounts would be a help....
                        Rick-
                        Rick,

I got zero time in the garage today, I spent this morning in the yard catching up on the yard work. I cannot believe the Almond tree is blooming already... I have a 1/2 acre to keep me busy...

So look at post #125, it has a few pictures of the brackets welded on. As you can guess the frame is not flat, so I went to OSH and bought some 1/8 - 3/16" sheet rubber, cut squares and punched holes. A little weather strip adhesive to hold them in place... I have a flat board which attaches to my jack, raised the tank in between the frame rails, 1/2" wood spacers to center it up. Used a level to check the frame rails, and then the tank. Held the "L" brackets in place, drilled the mounting hole and then tacked in place. Got to remove all the paint to get a good weld... Remember that the 77 EB has threaded holes in the frame for the factory tank, I reused those. I think you have to drill holes in the frame to get a nut in there. Mount all your hoses and wires 1st... I pre-tested the tank fuel level sending unit before sealing it up... Sorry I could not do the pictures today...
                        Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-12-2009, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Good info, thanks. Right around my thoughts for the install
                          68 Slightly modified
                          67 LUBR once again
                          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

EFI install moving along
                            Engine EFI harness has been modified, now I need to make up a harness for VSS, inertia switch, fuel pump, and transfer pump...
                            Taking a week off to go to Florida to see the In Laws... Joy

Most expensive thing to date: Braided fuel lines and fittings; clearance issues did not let me use the factory Ford lines which I had...
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-11-2009, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Coming along nicely!
                              68 Slightly modified
                              67 LUBR once again
                              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

The EFI fired right up today,
                                set the Fuel pressure, TPS, Timing, and tightened up a few leaks, now all I need is an accelarator cable... and some pictures posted...

Comment

Working...
                                X