LunchBox Lockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LunchBox Lockers

For those wondering. About LunchBox Lockers. I have been going back and forth on what to do with my front end for the longest time. I will go ARB one day but cannot afford it this year, its not a "need" on my list it is still a "want". I am going with a lunchbox style and needed to know what was out in the world for LB's. Still up in the air and will need to order by the end of the week.

PDF article attached

ARTICLE

Tags:
    Aussie Lock Right Spartan Lunchbox Lunch Box Locker
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 05-26-2010, 07:21 PM.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Re: LunchBox Lockers

I have heard assuie lockers are good... but what about this one?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=891147

offer 600.00
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I did this mainly for information on the board. $600 is still a lot plus setting up the gears im looking at over a "G"
      {o===o}
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

I just installed an Aussie in my 9 inch. Haven't got to run it yet but I've read a lot on the Ranger forums and they seem to like them in both the front and rear applications. It was easy to install and at about $300, you can't hardly beat it. I also liked that it cam with a 2 year warranty unlimited horsepower/tire size. My .02¢

Comment

Ryan, just run open until you can afford what you want! We all have done upgrade after upgrade till we got we got where we wanted and spent money more then twice. Save the coin, and save up. You have always done fine with your last setup. Its the driver
          Rick-
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I agree save your dollars til you can afford what you really want, no point spending those dollars to sell for 70 cents on the dollar after.

But I can vouch for the Truetrac, never blinked during Moab.

Comment

X3 on saving the money for what you want. That is why my rig wont be on the road for another year,
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

X4. I use my rear ARB waaaaay more often than my front anyway. A rear locker and the rest of your recent upgrades will make a big difference. Save the coin for a front ARB one day in the future. I think you'll be pretty happy with a rear locker and open front for a season or two.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

I have the Lock Rite in my cj now with the 30 front end. Never any issues running the con with it. Running open sucks. Your not getting any younger Ryan. Either spend the coin now for an ARB or a couple hundred with the lunch box and sell it later. Your only talking about maybe $100 loss.
                  67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                  69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                  69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                  79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                  67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I'd agree with the others to save up for the ARB but I have been very happy with the Aussie, always been rock solid.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

ARB hands down would be the best choice off road for a front end but I have dug myself a hole in the spending $ department. (not a terrible thing) I still need to get my a$$ a real DD.

(just ranted on my keyboard about my life and deleted it)

Granted I know it would be only a couple of hundred but I have to stop thinking that way. Get what you need now and upgrade. I know no one here has "done it right the first time" everytime. Im 23 and it'll work. when I am 45 I'll ask myself why but for now, lunchbox it up. Especially in the Rubi Snow this year.

Back on track: I put this up on the board because I have had several conversations about how most of us frequent other boards for info. This question was asked about two months ago so I thought it needed to be be here for another person one day. But....I don't think this board should get huge with 50 different categories to get lost in but able to find info when searching. I like this board because WE ALL KNOW ONE ANOTHER, and for some odd reason we get along. hahahahaha LETS GET OUT ON THE TRAILS AND CRACK A BEER
                      {o===o}

Comment

Looking at those pics you posted, they are all 3 almost exactly the same. The material of the aussie was interesting, I think it was some sort of compound, very very hard.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

After spending hours looking at the three I have came that same conclusion.
                          {o===o}

Comment

Pick the cheapest one and put it up front. Save for an ARB in the rear.

Comment

I tried to place an order for 4 Aussies for us out here in HI about 2 months ago and they were back ordered for the 44. Not sure if they're back in now but I need to call. I'm going with one in the front of the '69 after going through the same debates you are. I'm running 3.50 gears now. Plan is to throw an Aussie in for runnin' out here (I've already got a Detroit in back). When I re-gear down the road I'll switch the R&P to 4.27 or 4.56s and re-use the Aussie! All I'll need is an open carrier 3.92 & up for the front (about $60). For install now I don't need to reset gears or anything. A couple hours and she's back on the trail locked and loaded... Best thing I like about it in my situation is I can run it now and re-use it after the regear going from a 3 series carrier to a 4 series because the Aussie doesn't care...
                              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Working...
                              X