Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is my project 70 Streeeeeeeetch! Packin 12 Inches Baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have issues with health already. Tubbs is out....again. What a waste of a contract. Hopefully they will have a good O line this year. Should be a good season. The rest of the league looks a little more balanced too .
    Vacaville, Ca
    67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Originally posted by seahawkfan
      The wife says I should fly to Seattle and hang out there for a while since I have always wanted to and meet you for the game. I'll have to check out flying in and out and ground transpo etc. I'll take you up on the offer though. I'll PM you for more info. I'll have to see about getting to Pyramid maybe to meet up with you. Thanks m,an this is awesome.

Jeff
      Depending on where you come in I can always pick you up. Southwest has pretty cheap flights up out of SAC in to PDX I know. If you wanna go wheelin up in Tillamook you should fly into PDX on Fri night or Sat morn, I can find you some lodging I am sure, I can put a wheelin trip together with some of the locals for Saturday too.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Man Jeff, whenever I get close to Seattle during NFL season I gonna rag the hell out of you to take me, all the beers on me.

never been to an real NFL game, have been to NHL (LOTS), NBA, College Football ( U of Houston vs. Texas A&M, U of H vs Texas), Astros Baseball, but never a Pro Football game unless the Pro Bowl counts.

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco
          Depending on where you come in I can always pick you up. Southwest has pretty cheap flights up out of SAC in to PDX I know. If you wanna go wheelin up in Tillamook you should fly into PDX on Fri night or Sat morn, I can find you some lodging I am sure, I can put a wheelin trip together with some of the locals for Saturday too.

Dude you're killin me. I would love to go wheelin too but I don't know if I can do a whole weekend. My wife says she will see if she can get a day off work so I can go. She usually works Saturday which leaves me with my offspring. Details, details. Good thing I love my kids so much. Maybe I can fly into Portland and hitch a ride from there and get dropped off at a hotel at the airport on the way back so I can get the first flight out Monday AM.
          Vacaville, Ca
          67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Hey whatever works for you. You know you should just drive up with the family right?

Comment

Hey whatever works for you. You know you should just drive up with the family right?

My wife just said the same thing.

I'll do some more looking into this in the morning. Thanks man now I can't even think about sleeping. Gonna go work on the rig.

Jeff
              Last edited by seahawkfan; 09-02-2007, 08:54 PM.
              Vacaville, Ca

Comment

Haha, glad I can help!!!

Comment

PDX,

Welcome to NorCal Bronco's, and thanks for sharing your build. You've got a killer rig. Pretty cool to find a rig that was already stretched, and done well at that. Is the bronco in your garage going to be the baby blue and gray trail rig for momma?

Cool build.

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                  I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Actually that one in the garage is the pink one...it came a long way!!!
                    The new grabber blue and gunmetal grey wish it was my wife's trail rig I pick up Thursday. Its probably actually going to get flipped to pay for the wife's trail rig I am eventually going to build.

The last pic is the new project, and yeah I wish that was my shop!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very cool build, i like the army green paint and the stretch.
                      keep up the good work,

FM <><
                      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

The new grabber blue and gunmetal grey wish it was my wife's trail rig I pick up Thursday.
                        For some reason I was thinking it was to be picked up on Friday. What time you heading? I can help you between 9:00am & 3:00pm (kids in school ). Hey while we're out there there's the (2) 4 cylinder Diesel's I emailed you about for $850.00 that we could pick up!
                        Just give a call!

Shawn
                        Last edited by regshawn; 09-06-2007, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Actually probably going to be Friday evening, I gotta work today and tomorrow, I totally forgot about the game tonight, cant miss it!

Comment

Cool no problem, I can still give you a hand. And I can't believe you forgot about the season opener, I have 2 soccer practice's tonight so I will miss some of the action.

Shawn

Comment

What modifications did you have to make to go fullwidth?

Comment

Originally posted by tortuga
                                What modifications did you have to make to go fullwidth?
                                It was a pretty easy transition for me, I used 78 Bronco running gear with all new guts (doesnt affect the swap) and brakes. The front I ended up going with CAGE long arms and left the wedged as is on the axle, the 77 and earlier axles had welded wedges that would allow you to move them in, the drawbacks are a little bit of spring bow (rides fine), also if you use stock arms you will lose some turning radius unless you use long arms (they are bent in for more clearance). I took my spring cups and redrilled them to move the springs in a bit, helped by about 3/4." The brakes, I got a large extended front line for the early bronco and it connected right up. The rear, cut off the spring and shock mounts, put on new pads for bronco width springs, put the axle in place with the springs you are using and get it all mocked up, then tack em in place. Also locate the shock mounts while you are at it. Same deal with the rear brake line, no compatibility issues. It was a very easy swap and if I wasnt regearing, etc, it would have been a day project with a friend.
                                Would I do it again...definitely!
                                Cost...if you arent regearing, the axles can be had for under 400 for the set and that'll give you 31 spline rear, high pinion front and disc brakes. Honestly a huge upgrade for very little dough!!!
                                Can you do it...definitely, I am not real experienced in mechanics yet (learning still) but am learning and it was pretty straight forward. Just need a welder and all your parts!

Comment

Working...
                                X