TRAILBOUNDS 72 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRAILBOUNDS 72 project

been stuck between garage and honey dues but here's what i've cracked out so far.

went from 3.5WH to a 5.5. and well just a do it myself rattle can. working on shock mounts now, thinking about spliting a set of F250 mounts i have and widening them to accomidate 2 sets of shocks for the front. Havent thought to much about the rear yet. Hopeing to get the 351w in before summer, but just found out today from the machine shop that the heads arent gonna fly. But it will definatly be in before this summers CON trip.

still got to get the bumper and the flares back on and rotate the square tubeing.

Just wondering if a 2" BL is really needed to fit the 351 in? Its just sitting there in a box, but the darn floor is almost waist high already.
    Attached Files
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Unless you just want them for looks I don't see any benefit in running dual shocks, I have all the mounts for them and only run singles because they ride better.

rotate the square tubeing
    Not sure what you mean here??

The new paint looks good!
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Looks great! THe 351 will be a tight fit with no body lift but will work. Look at my 351 install thread in tech. It will discuss using the extreme motor mounts and how they lift the motor up. Either way, the drivers head will be very close to the firewall.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Het Bro.,
        Just curious what was up with the heads?
        302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

they were cracked where the studs screw in (on all of them) the valves were sucked, springs shot, valve guides were at various heights. No big, the motor will just get put on simmer mode. As soon as i get the shock set up figured out, we'll hit alpine.

Comment

Wow, had no idea. You can still use the rollers right?
            302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

The new lift and paint job look awesome!! It'll look even better with the bumpers back on.

Comment

Put the body lift on today. To make room for my gear banger and get the tank lifted up. Went off with out a hitch sept for the old man droping one of the new body bushing sleeves into the frame. Turns out there is a hole in the frame where the 3rd from the front body mount ties in.
                Lucked out with the clutch rod being just long enough. Not to mention that the PO had installed a 2" BL fan shroud.

With the 5.5 SL and 2 BL it makes my 35's look tiny, I do believe its time for new tires.
                Last edited by TBS-POPS; 12-30-2007, 08:19 AM.
                72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

that sucks, it posted the pictures all discombobulated
                  72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                  BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                  RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Looks great! So what size tire are you thinking about?

Comment

2x. Very nice POPs.
                      I have done the same with my pics but don't sweat it we got the idea.

FM <><
                      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

I guess i need to start paying attention, so i don't post up useing the old mans I.D. I'm thinking of going 38's or 39

Comment

LOOKS GREAT!!

that paint job is killer.. and yes i know exactly about dropping crap in the frame hahahahahaha
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

looking good Justin how are those 5.5 springs working out? have you flexem yet? post up a pic of it streched up
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

The 5.5 went in alright, one is bent up pretty bad, which was discovered after putting it under load.

Comment

Working...
                              X