Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home From Iraq

I'm back, and what a surprise!

I still don't know what to say at this point except Thank You.
    I am truly humbled by the generosity of this group.
    I fully expected to have my Bronco sitting this summer out.

A special thanks as well to those who helped out with projects around the house keeping things in working order and greatly reducing my "honey do" list.

I actually got home a couple days ago and had been catching up on sleep and playing with the kids. I was really in no hurry to get to my Bronco because I knew she was broke and wasn't sure when I'd be able to get her fixed.
    I was out running a some errands today and came home early to find another man in my garage with my Bronco. It was Chuck trying to put on a couple final touches while I was out. At that point my daughter spilled the beans and started telling me about everybody coming over to fix the Bronco.

The least I can do is have you all over for a BBQ so I can thank you in person, hear the rest of the story and see the pics.

The real thanks go's to you!!! Thank you for giving us the freedoms to be able to work on your bronco. NOW go out and DRIVE it!!!!!!

Ohh yeah, one more thing.......

Your garage floor is toooooooooo clean!!!!!

Aaron

This calls for the special smilie!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daddy4zack; 06-29-2007, 04:06 PM.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Dammit Chuck! Dont you know what STEALTH means??
      Last edited by Daddy4zack; 06-29-2007, 03:44 PM.
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

God dammit Chuck! Dont you know what STEALTH means??
        God has nothing to do with this, however I can except the fact I was caught by a highly trained Marine - I am just glad I got away without injury
        Plus there is more to the story - I was told I had more time. Oh well. Flame on!!!

FM <><
        72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
        1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Caught in the garage with another man's Bronco, and I thought Chuck was a respectable guy
          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
            Caught in the garage with another man's Bronco, and I thought Chuck was a respectable guy

:LOL:

welcome back. Let us know how she drives
            71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
            nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

It was the least we could do for a bro that risk all for our freedoms. I have a whole bunch of photo's I'll post when I get back after the 4th.
              Welcome home
              Tony
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

We are the ones that should be (and are) saying THANKS to you!!!! We all owe a debt that can never be repaid. This is the very least that we could do for a real Amercan Hero! Welcome home!!

Comment

Welcome home Mike...again thank you for everything you've done!

As for Chuck, that's not the first time he's been found having "relations" with other members Bronco's!

Like Aaron said "NOW go out and DRIVE it!!!!!!"
                  Last edited by lagox4; 06-29-2007, 06:37 PM.
                  72 Sport

Comment

Welcome home Mike. I must say as well, thank you for protecting our country...what we did was te least we could have done and you are VERY WELCOME.
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Welcom back Mike. Sit down ,relax, have a beer, catch up, then take that Bronco wheeling!
                      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack
                        The real thanks go's to you!!! Thank you for giving us the freedoms to be able to work on your bronco. NOW go out and DRIVE it!!!!!!

Aaron

DITTO!

The thanks definately go to you!
                        Vacaville, Ca
                        67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Welcome home Mike, welcome home.. I will be looking forward to meeting you and being able to shake your hand and say THANK YOU for what you have done for us!!!! Working on your bronco was a pleasure and the least all of us could do for someone who has done what you have done to protect our freedoms... Again as all have said before me,THANK YOU...

POPS
                          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Mike,
                            I've never met you and I didn't get the chance to help out on your Bronco, but like everybody else here has said, THANK YOU for your service.

I'm sure that you're enjoying every minute of being home, and hopefully one day we'll get a big group out 'wheeling (assuming those of us with basket cases ever bolt our junk back together)...
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack

Aaron

If I ever get around to putting the epoxy floor paint down, it'll be clean and shiny.

Comment

Working...
                              X