New radius arm mounts for D60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New radius arm mounts for D60

Looks like JBG is now selling radius arm axle mounts (wedges) that are made to fit D60 axle tubes with no grinding.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-...arm_mounts.htm
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Pretty cool
    69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Just in time. I hadn't ground my wedges yet, but it's on my to do list. (I was able to clamp the stock bushings around the wedges because they are so thin, wouldn't work with polyurethane bushings, too thinck). I'd much rather just buy these and re-sell mine. I've always wondered why someone didn't make these.

Thanks for posting the link.
      Last edited by 720Racer; 09-12-2007, 10:17 PM.
      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

damn where were those 4 years ago!!
        WT 4x4
        91' One Ton Bronco
        1971 Bronco
        9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

It's about damn time someone got the message that there is a market for these. I ground mine about 2 years ago and I tell you what......I will NEVER do that again! It took hours and hours and days and days to get them ground down and fit right. You couldn't pay me enough to do another set. I would buy these if they cost $200!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
            Looks like JBG is now selling radius arm axle mounts (wedges) that are made to fit D60 axle tubes with no grinding.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-...arm_mounts.htm
            Are you sure those are specific for the D60 axle tubes? Did you talk to them?

It says "For converting a d60...", but they may still be stock 44 wedges that need to be ground.

I'm hoping you are correct.
            Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

I found a thread on Pirate about the guy who was making them and he mentioned a bronco vendor was going to buy them, then someone else said JBG now has them. Here is the thread:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ght=D60+wedges
              If you order them I would ask to be sure.
              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I coulda sworn someone had wedges already clearanced for 60 tubes?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
                  It's about damn time someone got the message that there is a market for these. I ground mine about 2 years ago and I tell you what......I will NEVER do that again! It took hours and hours and days and days to get them ground down and fit right. You couldn't pay me enough to do another set. I would buy these if they cost $200!!!!
                  Shhhhhhhhhh Not to loud the price may go up !!!!

Brian
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

If those go on the 60 tube without requiring spacers between the radius arm and C-cap, then we'll have to get a few sets. I had to use spacers on my 60 with wedges, but we've got a couple more in the shop we're doing soon so those would come in handy. I'll have to see if I can get ahold of the mfg.

Dusty

Comment

Dusty,

If you can get these, let me know. I was going to order a set, but if you can get these I'll wait and order them from you. It'll be a few weeks before I need them.

Galen

Comment

Check. I'll let you know what I find out.

Dusty

Comment

Hey Dusty,

Any luck finding these?

Galen

Comment

Nope, I get no response to my PMs to the guy on Pirate. From the posts in that thread it looks like the jury is still out on the JBG wedges too as to whether they're actually 60-specific.

Dusty

Comment

I'll get a hold of JBG and see if they are D60 specific. After hearing about what a pain it is to grind down regular wedges, it's worth looking into. Let me know if you hear anything, I'd rather give you my business if I can.

Thanks,

Galen

Comment

Working...
                              X