Luber seats thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luber seats thoughts?

So I need seats for Shari's Luber. Want a high back for safety, fabric inserts, and bolsters not too high. I like the Mastercraft Baja RS, but dang they are pricey!
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Re: Luber seats thoughts?

Might be hard to find these days, but I had a set of seats out of a mid 80's Toyota supra/celica in my old bronco. Super comfy an adjustable. The set in my garage are pretty hammered. Not sure if they can be recovered.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I've always thought that a set of 69/70 Mustang buckets would be cool mounted in an EB but I'm sure they're not cheap these days. They had an adjustable head rest and look somewhat "era correct".
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Jeff has a set of Acura seats at his house. Not sure what he is doing with them but they were going to go into my bronco before I gave them to him.
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
          I've always thought that a set of 69/70 Mustang buckets would be cool mounted in an EB but I'm sure they're not cheap these days. They had an adjustable head rest and look somewhat "era correct".
          Liked those seats too, had about six of them Mustangs (69-70 Fastbacks, maybe verts were diff), but they never had adj headrests T. Want something a bit more 'comfy' to get Shari to enjoy driving it
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Drive about to Pick-N-Pulls on 1/2 off day. Should be a few around your area ?
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

P.o put a set of BMW seats in. There comfy plenty of adjustments. The only thing I don't like is they sit high, but that can be fixed/adjusted. I'd say there mid to early 90's. welcome to put your butt in the seat if you'd like.
              75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                Liked those seats too, had about six of them Mustangs (69-70 Fastbacks, maybe verts were diff), but they never had adj headrests T. Want something a bit more 'comfy' to get Shari to enjoy driving it
                I've got a set of high back seat frames from a 70 fastback, they'd need cushions and pads, no idea on what that costs.
                I really do thing for aftermarket seats, the PRP's seem to fit the best with the best price.
                I did put the low back Corbeau's in my flatfender and those are damn nice to sit in (for the price) and I love the look.
                Mark Harris
                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

These are probably against all Bronco rules but I have a pair of almost new Jeep JK fronts at the shop you could look at. They are charcoal grey
                  1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Whatever you do, first and foremost you better make sure they are LOW profile. Many seats are way to high. Do not settle for high ones. You neck and forehead will thank you. Not to mention the law enforcement that pulled me over for not seeing a yellow light turn to red.

Comment

I would suggest heading down to Rancho Cordova and visiting a few of the recyclers... Japanese sportscars usually have really good supportive racing type seats that have thinner backrests and low ride heights... It is also possible to get seats that are in really good shape rather than the trashy looking stuff you see at Pick-n-pull. I got a set of buckets from a 2002 Subaru WRX for $300 and they are a little high but very comfortable and have pretty good bolsters. As far as the Mastercraft RS I personally liked the Corbeau RS more when I sat in some at WH. If you are gonna drop a grand on seats, I would suggest looking more towards a Corvette type of seat from the aftermarket. Might be a better match for a LUBR than a suspension seat.... Plus the cloth on suspension seats seem to fade very badly....
                      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                        I knew I wasn't totally off my rocker but it seems the 'stang seats of that vintage I've seen with adjustable head rests have been modified with aftermarket parts. But anyway... sounds like lots of other options are being tossed at ya.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                          I would suggest heading down to Rancho Cordova and visiting a few of the recyclers... Japanese sportscars usually have really good supportive racing type seats that have thinner backrests and low ride heights... It is also possible to get seats that are in really good shape rather than the trashy looking stuff you see at Pick-n-pull. I got a set of buckets from a 2002 Subaru WRX for $300 and they are a little high but very comfortable and have pretty good bolsters.
                          Adding Ford Probe to this list. Cloth, all manuel adjs, low seat and mount, and fully adj headrest

Comment

PRP come in a low profile version.... askin question here!

As the new rendition of my cage will include new seats. I need so much lower than the cheapy racetrims I had.
                            Last edited by PhantomEB; 03-22-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X