Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Top Question

Hello All,

Are there any differences in the hard tops between years? Just wondering by looking at them if you could tell what year it came off of?

Re: Hard Top Question

If I recall correctly, 66-69.5 had a different bolt spacing on the windshield frame than 69.5-77. Otherwise the tops are identical so if you find a good top that is from the wrong year you might have to re-drill either the windshield frame or the top to match.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Man in the know
      Not 100% sure but I think they moved the upper bolt holes at some point, Maybe when they went to electric wipers and weld on window frames.
      Last edited by Bronco Brian; 03-25-2012, 05:50 PM.
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

'67 has bolt in bows
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Around 1969, the rear liftgate was changed to prevent opening of the tailgate when the top is locked.

There is a pocket built into the liftgate about 6 inches to the right of the release handle. There is a corresponding metal tab bolted to the tailgate that protrudes into that pocket. Earlier tops do not have the pocket.

So the liftgates are different too.

Comment

I think the lift gate on the 66 broncos have a seperate key lock to the right of the handle, but I am not 100%.

Comment

Working...
            X