No more ice!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more ice!!

I hate wet sandwiches.. I like cold beer..

Last edited by Daddy4zack; 03-27-2012, 04:28 PM.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Re: No more ice!!

Better use of funds for beer then that cluster you were looking at! Why does your mind follow mine in the next cool upgrade? been researching them here too
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

sweet!
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

You will never regret that purchase! I use mine around the house when I need extra refrigerated space (works great for keeping drinks cold when company is around and the fridge is full of food). They do occupy some real estate in the Bronco but its well worth it.

Word to the wise though.. pre-chilling your food/drinks is highly recommended. The compressor does a good job, but chilling a cooler full of stuff at room temp is a huge thermal load and it takes a while. Also keep an eye on your set point. I set mine at 26-28 for an internal temp of about 36, but definitely test it before you go on a trip to figure out where it needs to be.

I usually carry a flat of bottled water in the rig and chill 5 or 6 bottles at a time on the trail.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

THAT is awesome!!! Nice score. I've been trying to sell one of those to the wife ever sense our Coyote Lake trip when Tony had his on display.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
            THAT is awesome!!! Nice score. I've been trying to sell one of those to the wife ever sense our Coyote Lake trip when Tony had his on display.
            Bring her on a trip with Mark and I. We'll dedicate one as a freezer so she can have ice cream in camp, and she'll give you the green light after that
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Yeah, baby. You will love that thing. I bought one 4 years ago. My wife flipped when she saw how much it cost- until we were having a party, we were out of fridge space, and I reminded her that it would run on 110. Now it's indispensable and she raves about it. Meanwhile, since I take a lot of extended trips, I've found that after a week on the road, there is nothing better than pulling out a cold beer, not covered with ice chest slime, while my cheapskate buddies are disgustedly trying to clean their beer bottles of the goop caked on them before they can drink.

Mine is the previous generation. I'm betting yours works at least as well as mine. I have no trouble freezing beer if I'm not careful.
              1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
              I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

So much want!!!
                Mark Harris
                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

At least the beers will be contained in an almost roll over like what happened last year.

Sorry about that again. hahaha
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                    Better use of funds for beer then that cluster you were looking at! Why does your mind follow mine in the next cool upgrade? been researching them here too
                    The dash gauge is nice but for the same price i am glad i got this.. I will have my dash gauge rebuilt by that guy on classic..Volt meter and white face.
                    KK6DAD
                    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

This year I will be rolling with no ice also. How are you going to secure it? Did you buy or build a mount? I just got done building one and was wondering what you came up with?
                      Last edited by Rockbronco67; 04-02-2012, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                        This year I will be rolling with no ice also. How are you going to secure it? Did you buy or build a mount? I just got done building one and was wondering what you came up with?
                        I bought some steel tie down rings, bolted them to the floor in the back. I use ratchet straps around the handles to lash down the fridge. I can reach around (that conjures up bad thoughts) and grab beverages out of the cooler from the drivers seat.
                        1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Hit the junkyard and find the GM SUV section. In the back of every GM SUV from the mid-80s to probably the present there are some really nice steel tie downs bolted to the floor. Grab as many of them as you can find because most yards will charge $1 each. They bolt down nicely to EB rear seat and seatbelt mounts. Ratchet strap from the handles down to those and the cooler will not move. Some of the tie downs are black and others are chrome. I probably have a few kicking around here if you can't find any.

They take a rather large torx bit so take a torx socket set with you if you hit the yards for these. Whats nice is the tiedown loop folds down when not in use (and doesn't rattle).
                          Last edited by CityHick; 04-02-2012, 06:53 PM.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

Dem's real NIIIIICE! What's the most amicable size? Might need to design my cooler rack for the biggun!
                            sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Another option for tiedowns in the back is some unistrut. The short stuff fits right down into the factory grooves and the seat bolt holes should line up when you run fore-to-aft.

You can then use the nut inserts, tube clamps and L-brackets or whatever else lines up to mount your junk.

http://www.unistrutohio.com/unistrut...ghts-inch.html

Comment

Working...
                              X