New Welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Welder

Just picked up a New Millermatic 211 Auto-Set MVP. Cant wait to use it and train myself to weld. Picked up the welding Cart from Harbor Freight..It was only $49 plus the good ole 25% off coupon. Holds everything just fine. I was debating between the 211 and the Thermadyne 3 n 1...Justin talked me into the Miller. The price was only $200 difference.
    Attached Files
    72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Re: New Welder

Nice. I use a 175 auto-set at work and like it, and have an older 210 at home and really like it. Since yours is a combo of both it will most likely be awesome.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

sweet!
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Nice I have the 180 millermatic and love it. Just Add a plasma and you are set...
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I picked up the millermatic 211 a couple weeks ago and it was broken right out of the box. Need to take it on Monday to be looked at. Everything works except for the wire feed motor. Really like miller products and have had good luck with them in the past so I hope there are no more problems. Good luck with yours!!!

Comment

Very nice choice. I have 170. My favorite for sure. They can take a beating.
            What can I fix next?

Comment

What was the cost out the door if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the market.

Brad
              1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

I was able to use it last night just screwing around. Worked perfect out of the box no issues. And apparently so did the new circuit I put in. I didnt burn the house down.

I paid $1070 shipped to my door. No tax and free shipping. Then I spent another $300 for the new 125 cyclinder filled with the argon/co2, mig pliers, cart and some other misc items.
                72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Comment

I watching out for the elusive, desirable Miller 200, just to add to my little suitcase welder.

Comment

Nice let the Bronco building begin/Continue. And other projects
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

First post figure i have to start somewhere. I have had a 211 for a little over a year now and have used the crap out of it building bumpers cages sand rail. Ran LOT's of wire throw it and not one hiccup. Picked up a wire spool gun for it and trying the aluminum ( not easy) but with some practice will weld 1/16 too 1/8 real nice.

Comment

I think you are really gonna like that machine..I have the miller XP130 and the Miller 250, love them both...I need a new liner for the 130, but I don't use that one as much anymore. Most important thing I can tell you about wire welding, is to make sure you are dealing with clean metal. If you prep the metal first...you welds will look soooo much better. Have fun and be patient when welding.
                        70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Working...
                        X