Another addition to the family!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another addition to the family!

Another healthy baby boy born today to carry on the name makes two now along with Cameron 2yrs. Cameron was pretty confused today visiting in the hospital and not too sure about him so hopefully things will get better once we get home. Any advice for a newb?

Re: Another addition to the family!

Buy him a Bronco............................. Congrats on the new one
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Congrats ! We had twins with a 2 yr old; he was a great big brother but don't be surprised if he acts out a bit, it is hard to go from being the king of the roost to second fiddle - that's probably how it feels.

Comment

I'm sure we are going to have our issues, baby got a Thomas the train toy for our older boy to try to get on his good side(I swear he's gonna become a train conductor or something with how much he loves trains)

Comment

Congrats
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Congrats! It's 5x the work as one kid. Advice is to get the oldest out of diapers ASAP. He will learn to love himit takes time
            1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

Congrats!
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Congratulations! I have a 5 yr old boy and a 3 yr old boy. One thing that I think helped out my 5 yr old adjust to having a baby brother was we involved the 5 yr old in everything. Come help me feed your brother. Come help me change the babies diaper. Do you want to rock him to sleep. That kind of stuff. Keep him involved instead saying "not now, I have to feed the baby". If you exclude him because of his baby brother, then he will resent the baby and you. Just some thoughts. Good luck. Mine fight like cats and dogs with each other now. LOL.

Comment

Crawlin68 is 100% right; great advice. I'll add a story - we had twins when my son was two, and it was quite lot to handle. He was a trooper, but after about 6 months he grabbed a yellow highlighter, crawled under the dining room table and went to work.

Remember that cream colored carpet all newlywed wives seem to want? Doesn't look too good in yellow.

That was a wake-up call, we really focused on keeping him involved after that and it is still all good 19 years later.

Comment

Great thanks, makes a lot of sense. Looking forward to it all. Hell, they can inherit my project bronco and take it off my hands, timeline should work out about right for when they get their licenses. Actually I have a 65 mercury comet stashed away with about 85% of the parts saved up for them to learn on. Kids are by far the best project. After a bit we'll have to see if we can make it out to a get together especially if there are some other people with kids out there

Comment

Originally posted by jonasd View Post
                      Great thanks, makes a lot of sense. Looking forward to it all. Hell, they can inherit my project bronco and take it off my hands, timeline should work out about right for when they get their licenses. Actually I have a 65 mercury comet stashed away with about 85% of the parts saved up for them to learn on. Kids are by far the best project. After a bit we'll have to see if we can make it out to a get together especially if there are some other people with kids out there
                      Good attitude. You will do fine. Kids are the best project.
                      Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

if you totally separate them until they are 18 or so...
                        my 5 and 3 are great together! the 5 year old gets into everything and lets the 3 yo do the damage. both boys. handful.
                        but, nothing will make you happier than them. i picked them up today, by request, in the bronco. got a thanks for that from both of them.
                        advice... run screaming! but come back. love them. teach them good values and buy them a bronco. like brian said.
                        73 bronco

Comment

Congrats!

My two Boys are 9 and 11, best project my Wife and I decided to do together!
                          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Congrats!
                            70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Congrats! Oh, and hide your tools or they will do it for you.
                              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Working...
                              X