Bronco gas mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco gas mileage

I calculated my gas mileage on todays trip to the Spring Bash and I got a little over 12 mpg. Not too bad considering the weight of my Bronco and the portal boxes put a lot of extra drag on the drivetrain. The 40 inch tires probably don't help my mileage much either.

Re: Bronco gas mileage

Last October, while enroute to my most recent Nevada exploration, I checked gas mileage while on I-80 from Reno to Wendover. 16.7 mpg @ 65 mph. I was astounded. Wouldn't have believed it but the GPS corroborated the odometer distance.
    1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
    I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Yeah well I haven't had to add gas to mine for over 8 years. That's gotta be some kinda record.
      Vacaville, Ca
      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Mine's done about 14 before but its usually right around 12mpg. Considering that's with no overdrive and a 4bbl carb with 37" tires I can't complain too much. That and I've driven it less than 5000 miles in about 4 years!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by seahawkfan View Post
          Yeah well I haven't had to add gas to mine for over 8 years. That's gotta be some kinda record.
          HAHAHAHA
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
          X