Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nail gun brand and model to buy?

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
    I thought for sure you were going to say craftsman.
    I've never tried a Craftsman. They might be good too. They are probably made by one of the big manufacturers like Bosch, Senco, Hitachi, etc.....

Comment

Those are H-1's and they take a n6-n8 nail (Tico) at only about 1 1/8" at least that is all that is needed. A pair of plyers (to hold the short nail) and a hammer works best on those. Also if they are exposed use galv. nails.
      Jack
      I will be using a lot of those H1's and I really don't want to use a hammer. I know probably just being a pussy but I think a gun will be faster plus this will be a good excuse to buy one. So I am guessing you wouldn't use a framing gun on these, right? So what should I be looking for. Thanks

Comment

I have a portable electric nail gun air tank that came with my Brad nail gun. You're more than welcome to use it for your project if it will help. You can use my Brad/finish nail gun for the finish work if you want too... Not too far from Manteca

Brad
        1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Didn't think about the tank; I have an Emglo 2 gallon and a 20 gallon on wheels you can borrow if needed.

I'm in Manteca.

Comment

I have a air compressor just trying to figure out what nail gun I need. Thanks for the offers. I think I need to do a little more research. Thanks

Comment

Matt, If your going to buy nail guns, the best place IS the pawn shop per my buddy who is a contractor and doing some work at my house right now. There isint an all purpose gun and if your going to use the brackets as stated youll need a "tico" gun and a seperate gun for framing. He said he got his last two guns from the pawn shop as a set for $150. Not bad for $600 worth of nail guns. Make sure you get a working guarranty cause they cost a couple hundred to rebuild if they are blown.

P.S. I also have a framing gun you can borrow. Its a coil nailer and I have coils of nails you can use.
              Last edited by TBS-POPS; 05-10-2012, 03:48 PM.
              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
              X