NP435 rebuild kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP435 rebuild kits

any recommendations for kits? I am thinking about rebuilding mine myself.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Re: NP435 rebuild kits

Originally posted by kwspony View Post
    any recommendations for kits? I am thinking about rebuilding mine myself.
    I rebuilt my NV4500 myself without issues. First transmission I'd ever rebuilt. The NP435 is even easier so I'd say go for it. If possible, I'd avoid Chinese-made rebuild parts (they are available for the NV4500, I didn't use any, cost me a lot of extra $$), though I don't have a specific recommendation for a kit.
    1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
    I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

The kit from WH was good and complete when I did mine. no issues.
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

how were the directions Jeff? I can find other kits that are "deluxe" kits. do I need all the parts or is the WH good enough. Nothing majorly wrong with my tranny. It has 15 years on it and pops out of granny when crawling. Also had to pop the top cover off once and re-align the shift forks on a snow run.
        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

There were no directions Karl. Just all the wear parts. You'll have to find a manual somewhere for those. It's pretty straight forward. You have a press in the garage??
          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

no press here but might be able to find one to use.

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony View Post
              no press here but might be able to find one to use.
              Come and take my press when you do it.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Just had a look in my OEM Ford service manual set for 1970 trucks. There is a complete section in there on rebuilding the NP435, not to mention a bunch of other obscure transmissions I've never heard of, such as the Clark 280 5-speed.
                1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Thanks Marc.

Comment

You may be planning this already, but even if there are no specific issues (other than your popping out of gear) I would always make sure to replace any and all bearings and shims when you rebuild any box.
                    Even if a bearing is looking and sounding good now, it's just cheap insurance to change it out and not have to go back in and do it 5,ooo miles from now.

Including any bearings that are in the intermediate housing and might not be considered part of the transmission itself.
                    In fact, when I did mine way back when, that was the bearing in the worst shape of all of them.
                    Ahhh, nothing like the velvety smooth feel of a new bearing!

Have fun.

Paul
                    Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                    www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                    68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

This is on my list now. How did it go? Did you get it done?
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

i haven't had the time or money to do a damn thing to the bronco.

Comment

Getting started to do the same thing to mine so fare seems pretty straight forward

Comment

Working...
                          X