Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to say goodbye...

Everyone,

Those of you who remember me know that I've been around here for some time, but very absent over the last 3 years or so. Fortunately it was for all of the right reasons - changed jobs, met Shannon, and got married. My poor old Bronco got neglected and basically sat in the garage and collected dust.

Recently I've tried to get back into enjoying her, but just can't seem to find the time. In April I managed to make it to the Spring Bash put on my TBS-POPS and had a GREAT time!! I can't honestly think of a hobby or group of people I would rather hand around with, but as I mentioned to several of you that day, the wife thinks I should sell the Bronco.

Well, I wasn't entirely forthcoming at the time, because we were waiting to see how things went and weren't telling anyone. The reason she wants me to sell the Bronco is because we are expecing Twin Boys sometime mid-Sept to early-Oct this year

It is going to be hard to walk out into an empty garage and stare at a new minivan, but that's where the Bronco funds are now going to get diverted.

I just wanted to sincerly thank everyone here for their support and friendship over the past 7 years. I'm always around and will probably continue to lurk around the site, but will unfortunately be bronco-less... that is until I find an excuse to buy another!

Take care - Corey
    Attached Files
    1969 Sport, 302 V8, 3 spd on the floor, Red, Power Steering, 2" lift, 33" tires

Re: Time to say goodbye...

Just a quick note - I have not advertised the Bronco yet as I don't honestly know what it's worth today.
    • Rebuilt 302 (275 HP and 300 ft/lb torque)
    • 3spd manual on the floor
    • D30 and small bearing
    • old 2.5" lift with dual shocks
    • PS
    • Hydroboost PB
    • Discbrakes up front
    • Flares on all 4 corners
    • bedliner inside
    • reupholstered factory seats

If anyone is looking, has a buddy who is, or wants to tell me what it's worth, I'm all ears. Thanks guys.

Comment

Congratulatons on the twins!! Boy is your life about to change! He he! Seriously, I wish you all the best with your new family. You can always buy another Bronco when the boys get a lillte older and the three of you can work on it together. There is nothing better than working on a Bronco with your sons!!

Comment

Corey - Been there, done that - had twin girls when my son wasn't even 2 yet. Also sold my first bronco, and my prized GMC 4x4 truck, to buy a Mercury Sable station wagon. I had to take a huge amount of crap over that from my trail buddies, believe me.

HOWEVER - things come back around, My son learned to drive in my current Bronco. You might need two, though - once they learn to drive, you are walking and spotting.

Good luck with the twins, they can be a lot of work but they are also a lot of fun. Mine are going off to college already, hard to believe.

Check this link out, or give it to Shannon; it's more for her. My wife participated in the Mothers of Twins club and it really helped her/us get ready and the local club was a huge source of support once they were born - just going to their garage sales will save you a mountain of cash once the twins start outgrowing clothes every week.

http://www.nomotc.org/
        Last edited by tortuga; 06-09-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Corey!! Been there,done that too!!! selling the toys to fund the kids is just the cycle of life.Just remember when the kids are grown up a little you can gilt the old lady into letting you buy some really bad ass toys cause of all the sacrifice you've endured!!!HaHa!!! Your always welcome around here and at the events. Once a Bronco owner,ALYAYS a Bronco owner!!!

Pops

P.S. Twin Girls here!!
          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

minivan? The bronco was the original minivan! you need to work on your sales skills. If you want to keep it give me 10 minutes on the phone with the wife and you'll have a fleet of broncos. I might lie a little but I'll give you a script!
            84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

Congrats on the twins! I remember meeting you way back when at the gathering at the Livermore Airport. Don't feel too bad on selling the Bronco, there will always be toys to be had... I think I spoiled my parents fun big time when I was born. My dad had a 67 big block Mustang GT, my mom had a 69 Mach 1 Mustang, both candy apple red. When I was born the 69 was sold and a PINTO WAGON (complete with fake woodgrain siding) replaced it. Around the time I turned 1 my dad sold his baby (that he bought new) and bought a Dodge truck. They now have 3 old cars to play with.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

I Feel your pain on selling your toys. I sold everything when the wife and I found out twin Boy's were on the way. 2 boats and traded one of the trucks for an SUV. But like others have said the toys come back slow but thy come back. If you can email m more pics of th bronco I do have a buddy lookin to buy.

Kevoson@comcast.net
                Last edited by kevoson; 06-09-2012, 08:14 PM.
                75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

Bummer dude. But good job on the twins! Must be potent......
                  Just make sure to hang around here and show up to a couple meets to drink a beer or two!
                  And As I always say, Thank you for the switch, It still works.

First time I met you was when we showed up to FordCores place in Livermore about an hour before the rest. I remember I had 1/2 a bumper attached to the frame and some sunfaded paint rocking 33's. I looked at yours like It was the best thing since sliced bread, still do.

I would love to have a runner like yours. I can keep it local and promise not to cut the sheet metal or dent it!

Well good job on the family and keeping your priorities straight, but like silly said, you can always BS your way out of this sale. Hell, Get him on the phone and pass it to your wife. She'll end up telling you to take it down to his shop for a couple 60's and some 1.75 DOM.
                  Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 06-09-2012, 10:49 PM.
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Congrats on the twins!

As they say at work: "You get one chance at raising kids, you cannot go back and do it over."

Toys come and go... But kids are a lifetime adventure!
                    Last edited by 904Bronco; 06-10-2012, 06:50 AM.
                    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Corey, You are blessed. I have 9 kids and always wanted twins. You are a young man entering a very important and fulfilling part of your life. From the other end of that part I tell you there will be time for Broncos or whatever you want later, God willing. (Dang, and I've been carrying that rear view mirror around in my car and never got it to you.)
                      Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Guys - can't thank you enough for the kind comments - going to be hard to let the Bronco go, but it's my 3rd so far and i'm sure I'll have another at some point. Next time though, I'm going to build it exactly as I want without always being concerned about money...

Tortuga - thanks for the link - I'll pass it on (which means that I'll also be obligated to read the parts she thinks are interesting)

Ryan - hope the seat runners are selling like hotcakes by now! And of course, I'm always happy to help you drink a beer or two. Heck, I'll even buy.

Comment

hey bub, we havent met,but im there with the twins....mine are six! i have 4 yard rats total.....the funny thing about kiddos is that they get older....and it gets easier, then you get to TEACH them how to build broncos! good luck and be super supportive of momzilla....it'll pay off later!
                          73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

Corey, good luck with everything. I'm sure you're going to eventually get back into this insanity.

I do have a buddy that is looking for a Bronco. Not sure if you've set a price yet or not. He is in the San Jose area so shoot me a messege with your contact info and price so I can pass it along.

Brad
                            1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Working...
                            X