%$#@&% np435

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• %$#@&% np435

wow i just took out my np435 due to a bad throw out bearing.
    what a pain in the arse. out was some what easy getting it back in was another story....... had to losen the body bolts but the body would only go up about 2" and would start lifting up the frame!!!!! i have know idea where it was hanging up but Brute Force and Ignorace and a really big pry bar got me threw it with the help of my brother thank goodness.
    dont mean to rant and rave just super thrilled about getting it back in thought i would share my trails and tribulations!!!!

Re: %$#@&% np435

Thats the reason why I havent put a better clutch in.

I hate removing it.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

right next time i think im going auto

Comment

They can be a tight fit! do you have a body lift on your rig? Also...you can make a relief cut in the tub and use a cover plate that is removable for the next time!
        70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

see i wanted to cut the tunnel but i was worried about cutting the tub support that runs right across there and yess i have a 2 inch body lift thank goodness still had to lift the tub up another 3"
          Last edited by country_boy_72; 07-16-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I cut right through that bastard and haven't had any issues and the NP435 goes right in with a floor jack and a little wiggling. I was considering making a new brace that was removable but it's pretty low on the priority list. I have no idea how you got to those bell housing bolts on top without a large access hole at the top.
            sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

I have decided that next time something happens its game on with the sawzall.
              my friend who helped me with the tranny was bragging about how his "Jap Jeep"
              has a removable tunnel jerk! Any ways thanks for all the tips and ideas

Comment

Working...
              X