window to cage bracing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window to cage bracing

I know there are a lot of different options to brace the windshield to the cage, but is the one that doesnt require drilling into the cage?
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Re: window to cage bracing

I welded two tabs onto the cage (one on each a-pillar) and drilled into the tabs. That gave me a place to hook the turn-buckles into the cage. I then simply used a nut and bolt through the existing hard top bolt holes on the windshield frame and tightened the turn buckles just to the point where the vibration stopped without getting too snug.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

You can get the large rubber dipped loom clamps that will go around the bar and bolt to them. I used them to fasten some cross struts to support a roof top bag for gear.
      Last edited by TBS-POPS; 07-24-2012, 06:57 AM.
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

this was mine from a couple years ago.
        Attached Files
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I just pulled the windshield tight and measured back to the cage, then welded a piece of flat bar to the cage with holes drilled for the bolt holes on top of the frame. That way you don't have to mess with the turn buckles. Sorry no Pics!
          70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Originally posted by slvregl View Post
            I just pulled the windshield tight and measured back to the cage, then welded a piece of flat bar to the cage with holes drilled for the bolt holes on top of the frame. That way you don't have to mess with the turn buckles. Sorry no Pics!
            Ditto
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I think I am going to get some tube clamps and attach them to the cage. I dont want to weld anymore steel on the cage
              1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

Wake Board Tower clamps

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopdisp...d+Tower+Clamps

They are in Orangevale. I installed one of their towers for a friend and it was awesome quality.
                Last edited by Hozr; 07-25-2012, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hozr View Post
                  wake board tower clamps

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopdisp...d+tower+clamps

they are in orangevale. I installed one of their towers for a friend and it was awesome quality.
                  x2
                  A word about wake board rack clamps. Just like the ones in this link. I used to work for a wake board rack manufacturer. I was machine shop supervisor and programmed, ran, and prototyped wake board racks and billit towers and speaker bezels for boats. A LOT of these guys are buying clamps, like you see in this link, from China. They are garbage!! They are made from some sort of aluminum or casting that is prone to cracking. (I never could figure out if they were casting them or machining them from solid) They looked like they were some sort of pot metal/aluminum product. The threads are NOT machined well and could effect the life of the clamp(threads). I would not put these clamps on anything I own. The tip off to these clamps is the screw dimensions. If they are metric screws then they were imported. If they are American Standard then they are most likely good clamps and I would purchase them after carefully inspecting them to see how they were machined.
                  Last edited by FLYINHIE; 07-25-2012, 02:36 PM.
                  sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

Working...
                  X