Just curious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious...

Hypothetically speaking... How bad would a person get flamed for putting a GM LS1(or like engine) into an old bronco?
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Re: Just curious...

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
    Hypothetically speaking... How bad would a person get flamed for putting a GM LS1(or like engine) into an old bronco?
    It would be awesome because the other person would donate their fuel injected 351 to me
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Ask 69crawler. He's pretty quiet about power plant.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

It's your rig, do whatever makes you happy(er) with it. If a good enough deal had come along on one I'd have considered it in mine. No flaming from me (but I've been a Chevy fan until I caught this Bronco bug).
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I have owned and enjoyed trucks from Ford, GM, Dodge and Toyota. Also owned and disliked several Fords. Never really got the "insert brand here"/ Everything else blows mentality.

First rig, and most fun in the mud of any, was an FJ40 with a 350 so I crossed that bridge early.

If it isn't a restoration, do what makes you happy.

Comment

only acceptable if its an LS6 or 7. you only go LS1 you aint shit! If you really want to be BADASS, Caddy NorthStar!!
            Last edited by TBS-POPS; 07-26-2012, 06:57 PM.
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

The thought crossed my mind because I'm really impressed with the design and performance numbers coming out of stock LS motors. I imagine with a torquey cam one of these would be perfect plus they seem to be the go-to engine for ultra 4 racing. I may consider it more if I find one for the right price.
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I have Chevy TBI on Ford Iron, so no comment from me.
                Leave No One Behind
                KK6AUW

Comment

Originally posted by tortuga View Post
                  First rig, and most fun in the mud of any, was an FJ40 with a 350 so I crossed that bridge early.
                  I have owned two FJ40's both with Chevys 283 carb and 350 TBI. I prefer the Ford in a Ford and Chevy in Chevy... But it is not my rig and I am not writing the check. Just make sure it is a clean install!
                  2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                  1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                  2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Heck, I probably wouldn't even cam it. They're so good running and torquey right out of the box, it'd be hard to be unhappy. Hypothetically speaking that is
                    Unless you just want "more" because it's there, that is. In that case, cam it!

You thinking carbureted, or keep it injected?

Paul
                    Last edited by DirtDonk; 07-26-2012, 10:30 PM.
                    Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                    www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                    68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Your truck, do what 'cha want, if the price is right
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

You want flames? Post this question over on Classic Broncos.

Comment

You need something like this
                          Attached Files

Comment

Chevy motors in fords most don't care, I wouldn't but hey i like my fords. Wanna see people get pissed show up to the drag strip in a 69 camero with a 427. Thy love it till they find out what's in it.
                            75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

I just put an ls motor in my 67 camaro (carbed) and it runs really strong. I wouldn't mind changing out the tbi motor in my bronco for an ls if it wasn't for the $$$.
                              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Working...
                              X