351 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 351 question

Is 500 a good deal on an injected 351 with harness and module from a wrecking yard? I think he said it had around 75000 miles

Re: 351 question

Fair deal I'd say... What is it out of?

The truck 351 EFI manifolds are too tall to fit under a stock EB hood as you may already know. Seen them tucked under aftermarket hoods though so it is possible. 75000 miles it's probably a decent runner though I'd make sure it's got good compression, etc.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Meh, ok if it comes with a garauntee/ warranty. I've bought 3 recently all for $300 or less and 2 of them are F4TE roller cam engines.

If for your EB, the computer and harness will be useless to you as will the upper intake/ throttle body. 75K miles is not bad at all but, if its not a 94+ F4TE block I'd price it more in the $300 range. The last one I bought I'm running in my F-150 and its a '92 engine. Came complete, even had the flywheel & HD clutch still on it in good shape & the guy garaunteed me it ran w/ 80K miles on it and was well serviced by his brother. He wasn't lying as it was spotless inside & runs awesome and I paid him $300 for it.
      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

hmm... it is for my EB, I've never done the swap before so not sure exactly what to get. I haven't seen it in person yet don't know what it came out of. which one will work in the EB?

Comment

You've got a couple options for an EFI'd 351/ 5.8L in the Bronco.

Option 1:
          -Run the stock truck lower manifold & get the BC 5.8 lower to 5.0 upper adapter ($100).
          -Pickup a 5.0 HO upper w/ throttle body (prolly free or close to it).
          -Wiring harness ('88-'93 stang style ie; RJM, FMS) & computer

Option 2:
          -Lightning GT40 intakes and mustang style injection.

Option 3:
          -Throttle body style injection system (FAST, AFI, MSD, etc).

The EFI'd route w/ a 351 is a little tougher nut to crack in an EB than a carbed version. The EFI'd 5.0 drops right in but the issue becomes fitting the truck intakes under the stock hood of the eb on the 5.8 so other avenues have to be taken. In other words, any 351W will work in the EB but the intake setup is where it gets interesting.

The one I'm building now came from a '94 F-150. Got a Lightning GT40 lower (already had the tubular 5.0 upper) & going to run mustang EFI w/ an RJM harness. Shitcanned the truck intakes/ TB.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
            You've got a couple options for an EFI'd 351/ 5.8L in the Bronco.

Option 1:
            -Run the stock truck lower manifold & get the BC 5.8 lower to 5.0 upper adapter ($100).
            -Pickup a 5.0 HO upper w/ throttle body (prolly free or close to it).
            -Wiring harness RJM & Mustang computer
            This is the way I went Ya may be able to get more power with a GT40. But I am happy.
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Stock cam & heads I'd say option 1 is the quickest & most economical by far. You get into performance cam/ heads your gonna need to breath better than those stock intake will allow. Plenty of aftermarket MPFI intake for the 351 as well! Not real sure how they all fit though. If it'll fit in a mustang it should work in an EB I'd think.

Comment

awesome thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                X