New Member Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Introduction

Hello to all my Nor Cal Bronco brethren! I've been a member of the CB forum for a while now, and thought I should stop f'ing around and join Norcal Broncos. I'm a Bay Area kid born and raised, and have lived in numerous spots around the peninsula, east bay, marin, and SF. I'm currently out in Oakland.

I've attached a few pics of my rig, though I got rid of the hardtop and installed a Rampage soft top instead.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Oakland Bronco; 02-12-2013, 04:38 AM.

Re: New Member Introduction

Now of course, those pics were before the fire occurred. Yes, less than two weeks ago, my Bronco experienced an engine fire that eventually spread to the dash.

The rig is inoperable right now, and will stay that way until I find a job and/or get an insurance check (I recently finished grad school, so I'm freshly back in the job market).

Pics post fire, are attached
    Attached Files

Comment

She is cleaning up pretty good. It will definitely cost a good amount of money to get her back on the road, but she is fixable, and will be fixed!
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow that is devastating! Your bronco looked clean. Welcome

Comment

Welcome Evan. Glad you were able to gett registered.

Comment

Welcome Evan. That was a nice looking Bronco. I'm sure it will look just as good if not better soon enough.
            '74 Ranger, Green, Uncut, 5.0 EFI, NV3550, 3.5" lift....

Comment

Holy crapola! Those post fire pics make me sick to my stomach. What caused the fire? Welcome aboard all the same & looking forward to seeing it back on the road/ trail.
              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
                Holy crapola! Those post fire pics make me sick to my stomach. What caused the fire? Welcome aboard all the same & looking forward to seeing it back on the road/ trail.
                Well, I've never worked on cars before, so take my diagnosis with a grain of salt. A few things I noticed:

* When I got home after the fire, I found small, thick pieces of clear glass sprinkled on the ground where the engine would have been. Also, a thin liquid stain trail following the route I backed out of my parking space.
                * Fuel smell before the fire started.
                * Ground zero of the fire was the distributor cap and blaster coil area.

When I had my rig tuned-up, the shop replaced the plastic fuel filter with a glass one. The shop owner said the glass one was better, and I didn't know any better. It wasn't wrapped or otherwise protected, and it was positioned next to the distributor. So, my theory is the fuel filter broke and sprayed fuel on the distributor. Perhaps the filter was badly cracked and, when I started it that morning, the vibration was the final straw. The POS wiring job that had been done went up in flames quickly thereafter.

Comment

Evan, welcome finally! It was nice meeting you at the shop. Thanks again for coming over and helping. I would be happy to return the favor when you get going on your rebuild.

Brad
                  1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

That is Terrible wish you the best getting her back to gather

will be sending you a PM
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Welcome to NCB. Nice bronco you have, even after the fire. Good luck getting it back on the road!
                      Last edited by tim; 10-09-2012, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
                        Thanks again for coming over and helping. I would be happy to return the favor when you get going on your rebuild.

Brad
                        By "helping" do you mean standing around, talking Broncos, and eating pizza? If so, well, it was a tough job, but someone had to step to the plate.

Actually, since I won't be doing much of the rebuild myself, I can't take you up on your offer there. However, before I get it to the shop, I could use some help with disassembly: removing the seats, removing the dash, stripping out the carpet, removing the old wiring, etc. I would love to get the rig to the point where the shop can take it and just focus on the rebuild.

I imagine that it will be 2-3 months before this can happen, but if you're free when the time comes, I would welcome your help. Of course, I'll provide the pizza and beer this time around.

Once you're back from Oregon, keep me posted if you have another gathering. Good hunting!

Comment

Thanks for warm welcome folks!

Comment

Sounds like the fuel line failed where it routes around the distributor. Never did like that routing.
                            When your ready, we work for beer and food.
                            Was and will be a nice rig.
                            Welcome
                            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                              When your ready, we work for beer and food.
                              I really appreciate that! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X