Seat reccommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat reccommendations?

Ever since I've had my bronco I've had late model camaro seats in it. They simply sit too high and there is nothing I can do to lower them. Just have to kinda hunch down when driving so that im not staring into the top of the windshield frame. I've been thinking about upgrading to some nice Corbeau's or something similar? I was looking at the ones on Wild Horses site but don't know too much about the differences in what they offer or what is a good seat to choose. Any reccommendations? What are you guys running? How do you like them?????
    Thanks!
    1966 U13
    393W, C4, 4 Wheel Disc brakes, Power Steering, Hydroboost, 5.5" Suspension, 2" body, BFG 35x12.5's, Big Bearing 9" Detroit soft locker, Yukon 31 Spline Axles, HP D44 Aussie locker.

Re: Seat reccommendations?

I've run elites; they were nice but I wanted a change and I've never cared for vinyl. Had corbeau gt7s until I tore the bronco apart; I enjoy cloth much more. I picked up so corbeau Baka elite wides; haven't sat in them in the truck.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

The best thing to do is go to WH and sit in all the different seats and see which one fits you best.

Comment

I have the Mastercraft baja Rs seats and love them, placed them as far down as possible with the sliders. Im 6'3" and the only time I might have to hunch is if I am at the front at a stop light. Others have cut out their floorboard to get lower as well.

Comment

If your closer to Sacramento, tagnatees had a good selection of seats for you to sit in and compare also.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I've got PRP buckets in mine, they sit pretty low as well. I am 6'3 and also needed to be as close to the floor as possible. Just as was stated above the only time I have a problem is at certain stoplights I've got to hunch to see the lights. Recently learned a little trick on that... watch the lights change in the reflection on your hood.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
              I've got PRP buckets in mine, they sit pretty low as well. I am 6'3 and also needed to be as close to the floor as possible. Just as was stated above the only time I have a problem is at certain stoplights I've got to hunch to see the lights. Recently learned a little trick on that... watch the lights change in the reflection on your hood.
              Need shiny paint for that to work, After I got my Bronco painted the shine went away in a year even waxin it did not help. (Hood ony)
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Yet I try to eliminate the shine off the hood for my long distance trips!

Comment

Definitely the best way is to go and sit in some. And measure the height from bottom mount to seat base. The lower the better...

Come in and sit in some of ours, or the Tognotti's recommendation is a good one.
                  Even if you don't buy them from us, at least you get to physically sit in some before you buy. And that's worth every bit of hassle to get somewhere with seats on display.

Personally, I like the Pro-Car Elites too. Low and decently shaped (for me) without the high side-bolsters that are so popular in off-road seats.
                  Side bolsters are great. Except for getting in and out of. And on the trail at odd angles, that takes on a whole new level!
                  Besides, the taller ones get pretty torn up if you drive your Bronco on a regular basis.

Good luck.

Paul
                  Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                  www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                  68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
                    The best thing to do is go to WH and sit in all the different seats and see which one fits you best.
                    X2. I visited WH a few weeks ago and did just that. I'll be going with Corbeau's Baja RS seats when I change out mine.

Comment

Working...
                    X