Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D44 U Joints

Man I love polls! lol
    What do you prefer for U-Joints considering strength, cost, etc. ?
    Dana Spicer
    15.38%
    Yukon
    15.38%
    OX
    15.38%
    CTM
    53.85%

I went with the Yukons. They seemed to be a cheaper than the CTM's and stronger than the spicers. I haven't had any trouble with them yet.

Comment

Either the Yukon Superjoints or the Longfield 300Ms when I get alloys in the fronts, right now with the shortened F150 axles, I stuck with Spicers so I shouldnt vote in this right now.

Comment

I'm runnin' CTMs with Warn on the short side and Yukon chromos on the long
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

If you are going with the Yukons then you can vote Yukon. That would even them all up to two right now...

Comment

I do believe CTM's are the best,,,, but the $$ may be the downside.... Is there any Value of the U Joint breaking before the axle shaft??? Do we need a weak link to save axles or money?? What will brake first??

Aaron
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I vote for Bobby long for value. I only have the D60 version though.
              69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

I have the ox, but I voted CTM simply because they are simple and bullet proof. Most comp drivers use them from what I have seen. Yukons look realy similar but cannot comment on the strength..
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

CTM's.
                  I ran them hard with 38's and never had an issue.
                  I had friends in fullsizes with welded fronts, the blew up a couple warn 44 shafts and Detriot's but never hurt the CTM.

Besides, Jack @ CTM is a hella of guy.
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

So the consensus is that CTM's are the best, but are they enough better than the others to justify the price difference? Are the super joints good enough? From what I have gathered the axles typically break before all of these excluding the spicer's.
                    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Working...
                    X