Worst find after a purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst find after a purchase?

Whats the worst thing you found on a bronco after you bought it? I love the way my gas tank was mounted and have no excuse of why I didnt notice it before I bought it, but I am now re-checking everything!
    Attached Files

Re: Worst find after a purchase?

I found a bag of pot in mine....oh wait Worst Find....sorry
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Never mind all the rat shit. After I had my tub strip bare I took the roll bar out and found an obsidian arrowhead. Never could figure out where it came from. But the worst thing was probably the c-channel rear bumper that would not let the tailgate come down.
      Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

My 75 had a partial EFI conversion done, then a carb and electric fuel pump was installed. The thing would just barely do 65 mph, and that was it. I found that someone had custom modified the rear tank with the explorer EFI pump and sending unit. The electric fuel pump on the fender was trying to pull fuel through the EFI pump.
        Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-12-2013, 10:35 PM.
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Not exactly a bad find but I found a couple of 30-06 rounds under the carpet in my rig. Two of my friends who own Land Cruisers found similar rifle rounds hidden in their rigs too. My worst finds were literally duct tape and bailing wire "fixes" made by the previous owner. Clutch linkage being one such bailing wire fix. And more bare/hot wires than I care to think about.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

I think this was my worst find. The PO had covered this with window screen and roofing tar. The more I dug, the worse it got.

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/a...1&d=1119540405

Comment

Wow crawlin68!

Comment

I found over 400 .22 rounds and about 100 other random rounds in the F350 donor truck. I found a incorrectly wired headlight switch that caught fire on the drive home from my bronco purchase. I recently bought a 2006 f150 that has a catalytic converter going out........
                Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

The PO of my bronco had installed an electric fuel pump between the fuel tank and the mechanical fuel pump. The pump was connected to a momentary toggle switch in the cab. "When you want more power just hold this toggle switch and the Bronco will instantly go faster!!!" (His words, not mine!). WOW!!! That's amazing!!! Fast and the furious, Oklahoma redneck style!!!
                  SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

The PO of mine was to cheap to buy the correct pitman arm for the lift on the Bronco. What did he do... He cut the pitman arm and stacked it, then welded the two together. What a tool!
                    Leave No One Behind
                    KK6AUW

Comment

Working...
                    X