water softener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water softener?

My water softener died last year and haven't replaced it. I have a older country house so I am on a well system, hard water. The current water softener came with the house. Does anyone have any recommendations or does anyone sell them for a living?

Re: water softener?

Growing up my parents had a water softener system that used the salt pellets. It seemed to work good but of course you have to add salt regularly. I looked into getting one for a house I owned a few years ago that was on a well. I found that there are more technologically advanced systems out there depending of course on whats in your water, what you want, and how much you want to pay. I talked to somebody at Culligan, and they recommended a filter type system that aside from changing out filters 1-2 times a year, there was no regular maintenance. It seemed to me like a better option but that is a personal preference. My city water now is really good so I have no need for any type of system. I'm not sure if they have changed again. Do some research, I'm sure there are a few companies in Sacramento and Stockton that can advise you further on what is best for you and your family.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Re: water softener?

I install them all the time you can call me if you like Brian 916-521-4733
      The first step is test the water and the second is dont have a large franchise company do it for you, the extra grand you pay them could go to your Bronco. Not to mention the person doing it is most likely learning on your dime.

Comment

Working...
      X