Is this Forum locked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Forum locked?

I was just wondering if the Administrator had locked membership???

I know a new Bronco owner up north that wants to join...but said that this forum was not accepting new members.

Can anyone confirm that?

Re: Is this Forum locked?

Thanks for mentioning that James. One of the guys at the party the other night mentioned it too, and I said I'd ask someone.
    Which I promptly forgot to do!

Glad you brought it up. Some have suggested that to keep spamming to a minimum, things have been tightened up. Makes sense but there should be an easy way for a legit bro to get around that wall.
    He had PM'd one of the admins, but maybe they're out busy doing something fun.

Paul
    Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
    www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
    68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

I believe Carl has it locked until the new software upgrade is installed. It's to prevent spammers. The new software is suppose to be more secure. I also know a couple of Bronco Brothers that want to join.

Comment

ohh i'd hate to be locked outta this place

Comment

Ditto. I got a body that tried to join but is locked out. does anybody have a idea when the new software will be up and running? Do we need to hit the donate but a few more times????

Comment

If its going to be a while, can we vouch for real bronco people in the mean time so that they can join?

Comment

Back in January when my buddies were trying to join Carl unlocked it for a week and there was a massive spam attack.

Comment

Bummer. Didn't know about that.
                Maybe we can set a time of day for one day when all our friends can join up and only leave it open for an hour?
                Logistically more of a problem, but hey, if they really wanna join, then can make the effort!

Paul
                www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Bringing it back up for a sec, got a guy David that has been trying again.
                  E-mail is wowfsf@yahoo.com if someone can let him in specifically?

Or point me in the right direction to e-mail someone specific. Patrick maybe? Carl?

Paul
                  www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Paul,

I would pm Carl. Be patient sometimes he doesn't check his mail too frequently.

Comment

Sounds reasonable. Do you think a PM is better than e-mail? I would guess that his main website response e-mail (carltenter@ etc...) would not get checked too often for regular correspondences. That about right?

Thanks

Paul
                      www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

I sent Carl a text to come check out this thread. So hopefully we can get your friend signed up asap.

Comment

Hey thanks!
                          I was about to send him a PM earlier, but had to go out and deliver some Bronco parts. Ended up hanging with 2 other Bronco buds. Then three, then four, then five of us converged on St John's for some samiches and stuff!
                          All in all, a nice end to a nice day.

I love my job...

Paul
                          www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Sorry guys. Don't know how I missed this post. The forum is locked down tighter than a frogs ass at 100 feet. Spammers have ruined it and until the new updated software is available and installed is will remain that way. I logged into the email system and saw all the emails of those trying to get in. Pat is going to help me work through those and get them all into the system. Sorry about the hassle boys!
                            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

In the house and on the job!
                              Thanks very much. No hassle, just impatience and chomping at the bit to join the fun I'd say.

I'm sure everyone will be pleased when they're in.
                              Bummer to hear about how bad the spamming is. It's not hard to imagine anymore, but still hard to fathom sometimes.

Paul
                              www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                              X