X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota Digital Dash

Hi,

Ok, need some opinions. Here's the back story on my '76:

Last year I bought the new style of the Dakota digital instrument panel. Haven't gotten around to it putting it in. Did an engine rebuild and full paint job inside and out.

Wondering if anyone has feedback on the install process, difficulty, and if you're happy with the result of the digital dash.

I wanted to put in more accurate gauges to monitor the new engine but don't want to muck up the clean, new dash with a bunch of extra gauges, etc. I'm not going for a stock look so keeping or dumping the original cluster isn't a real concern.

I'm going through a lazy period and since everything is working and looking great, I don't feel like ripping apart all that stuff only to have trouble or not be happy with the result.

Thoughts? Is it worth the trouble/time to install?

Thanks
    Curt

Re: Dakota Digital Dash

A friend of mine runs one of their gauge clusters, they are pretty nice in my opinion and I don't think there's too much involved with installing them. It is a little weird to see digital read outs on the dash of a Bronco but they are functional and accurate.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Just to clarify - its the newer style of the digital dash. Looks almost the same as the stock cluster with analog needles, but its actually a digitally controlled readout.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/11876

Comment

Well, in the world of "no news is good news", as far as I know we've never received any bad press from any of our customers.
        As with anything Bronco related, there's no way to tell if they've all been installed or most of them are still sitting in boxes like yours is. So the fact that we haven't heard any complaints isn't necessarily an accurate. representation.
        But so far so good...

And I'd have to agree with Hick on the ease of installation. I can't claim to have done it personally, but it looks to me like the hardest part is finding a clean location for the control module. And that probably fits on the kick panel of 90% of the EB's out there. So even that's not much of a trial.

Between the module and the cluster, it's pure plug-n-play. The only real connections are from the module to the individual senders. And that's only time-consuming. Not actually difficult.

My 2 cents.
        Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
        www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
        68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Working...
        X