A job got me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A job got me.

Them Barstow boys are pretty serious off-roaders what with desert all the way to Vegas....I would think a fella could find a lot of 4-sale parts. "Course, them Rocky Road fellas swing a pretty wide stick down that way too...BB
    BB's Profile http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/member.php?u=3693

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Hey if your driving on highway 99 stop here for food, I'm right off the freeway just south of Turlock. It will be good to see you.
        Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Update: The job was pushed back one week. Cancelled and remade hotel reservations. Then the job was put back another week. Cancelled and remade reservations. Then the job was pushed one more week. Cancelled and remade reservations for a hopefully solid date of Thursday May 2 in Santa Ana and on to Barstow for safety training on Friday. That leaves the weekend for exploring and work starts Monday the 6. Two weeks on/two weeks off for at least a year. That is semi retired, folks.

If this all works out I expect to be able to move some parts up and down the state. If it does not work out I made need some help moving, period.
          Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
            Hey if your driving on highway 99 stop here for food, I'm right off the freeway just south of Turlock. It will be good to see you.
            If I find myself driving May 1st are you going to be home? I would love to stop by.

Comment

After all the waiting the position fell through. F#%& Barstow anyway. I have decided to go to the coast at McKinleyville and visit my number two son. He has a successful saw shop in Willow Creek and is swamped with repair work.

I expect to leave tomorrow and go up 99 to 5 to Redding then 299 to Willow Creek and on to the coast. If anybody has parts in Oroville, Chico, Red Bluff, Redding or points west that need shuffling let me know ASAP.

Comment

I work with a bunch of people that are from Barstow. They always talk about when Del Taco came to Barstow like its a fancy restaurant. If that is fancy in Bartow, I never want to go to Barstow!!! The coast sounds way better!
                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                  I work with a bunch of people that are from Barstow. They always talk about when Del Taco came to Barstow like its a fancy restaurant. If that is fancy in Bartow, I never want to go to Barstow!!! The coast sounds way better!
                  Yep, the only time I went to a Del Taco (drive thru) I could not understand what was supposed to be English. Had to leave without ordering.

The coast will be better, but over the next year Barstow was going be bank for me. So? Something better is coming, always does.

Comment

Hey Henry...Yer coming right by mi casa outta Redding on 299W...If someone happens to give you a Bronco tub before hitting Redding, you can drop it off here....I'll put it to good use...! LOL BB
                    Last edited by Bronco Billy; 04-25-2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Barstow is a place you go through, not to. However I can relate to your coworkers Jacob. I can recall a time when a new Burger King and Kmart were big news in Livermore. That was 30 years ago before it became yuppieville. Both have since closed. LOL
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Billy View Post
                        Hey Henry...Yer coming right by mi casa outta Redding on 299W...If someone happens to give you a Bronco tub before hitting Redding, you can drop it off here....I'll put it to good use...! LOL BB
                        How about I just drop in and bend your ear? Always good to meet another nutcase. PM me your #.

Comment

LOL...I'm afraid most folks who bend my ear end up more confused than enlightened. And its not easy being a nutcase...You have to be committed to it... BB

Comment

I ate in an old Italian restaurant in Barstow once that was awesome. I was moving here from New Mexico, so maybe my standards were a little lower.
                            Marc D.
                            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Mom & pop restaurant always beats fast food! I'd say your standards are higher than the average Bartsownian(
                              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I ate at a hole-in-the-wall Mexican food resturant in Barstow after spending 11 days mapping rocks in the dessert. It sure was good compared to the canned chilli and peanut butter sandwiches we were eating.

The coast is a better environment to hang out in.
                                302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

Working...
                                X