looking for DIY garage storage ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for DIY garage storage ideas

Family and I will be moving in May to a new house. My garage will be about 30sq ft smaller and I will not have two sheds for storage like I do now. Looking for cheap effective ways to store tools, Xmas stuff, bikes, etc. Pics appreciated.
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Re: looking for DIY garage storage ideas

Originally posted by jperry1290 View Post
    Family and I will be moving in May to a new house. My garage will be about 30sq ft smaller and I will not have two sheds for storage like I do now. Looking for cheap effective ways to store tools, Xmas stuff, bikes, etc. Pics appreciated.
    For one thing you can get the metal drawer/cabinets that go under table tops for around one or two walls. Office furniture rental places have tons of them they may let go cheap. I got a bunch that were being tossed at work. The metal drawers hold heavy tools/parts and pull easy. Also look for metal bookshelves.

Bikes are a pain, especially when you trip over them. Best to hang them up, but a hassle to put up and down.

Funny that I am giving advice on organization. You should see my "shop"!
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

If you have a roll up door with enough space above it you could do this. I dont have alot of space above mine but plan you make it for some long flat things.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hit up another forum I visit daily.... hell that one is an addiction!

Garagejournal.com

Bikes do not belong in the garage, thats what only ONE shed is for.... along with the lawn shit.

I will post as much as I can as I love being a garage junkie!

Comment

Working...
        X