Fab Fords @ Knott's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fab Fords @ Knott's

Is anybody planning on making it down there? Over 100 entries for Broncos. I'll be there. Here's what I drive.

Mark
    Attached Files
    Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Re: Fab Fords @ Knott's

There will be a few of us from bakersfield going down.

Comment

I should of planned my trip to Disneyland one week earlier. Could of made a little detour on the drive down.
      302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

Originally posted by sheldiesel View Post
        There will be a few of us from bakersfield going down.
        I'll check with my Bakersfield contact, and plan accordingly.

Mark
        Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

They should rename that show to Fabulous Mustangs forever... though I was impressed with the Bronco showing a year or two ago when I went. Enjoy and share pics...
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Definitely it's a lot of Mustangs. The Bronco area has been on the grass for the last 5 years or so, while everyone else cooks on the asphalt. It's a great social event for me to see people I only see a few times a year. And there's always new Bronco people to meet. I haven't strayed much from the grass area in the last couple of years. There's just not enough time.

Mark
            Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

Any nor cal bronco guys going that can pick up some parts for me?
              Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

i made the trip down and joined over 100 Broncos on the grass. After driving down and back I know I need power disc brakes! The drums don't really like stop and go LA traffic.
                My Stroppe with a few others. It was a great time.

1968 Roadster

Comment

Nice lineup!
                  Yeah, the drums are fine for short jaunts with little drama. But add too many stops and the drama starts in a big way. Mine started on the highway down into Death Valley one day!

By the next Saturday I'd installed my disc brakes. Never, ever wanted to experience that again. And I'd driven daily with those old drums for years and never had a problem. But take one trip with a full load of gear and add a nice long steep downhill run, and you run out of drum real quick.

Well worth the change, even if you're trying to keep your Baja as original as possible. But in my opinion, if you drive it at all, it's worth the change. Just throw the drums in the corner in a box and give them to the new guy if you ever sell it.

Paul
                  Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                  www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                  68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Originally posted by DirtDonk View Post
                    Nice lineup!
                    Yeah, the drums are fine for short jaunts with little drama. But add too many stops and the drama starts in a big way. Mine started on the highway down into Death Valley one day!

By the next Saturday I'd installed my disc brakes. Never, ever wanted to experience that again. And I'd driven daily with those old drums for years and never had a problem. But take one trip with a full load of gear and add a nice long steep downhill run, and you run out of drum real quick.

Well worth the change, even if you're trying to keep your Baja as original as possible. But in my opinion, if you drive it at all, it's worth the change. Just throw the drums in the corner in a box and give them to the new guy if you ever sell it.

Paul
                    That's the plan Paul. When Andrew gets back from Baja hopefully he can get it going soon.
                    1968 Roadster

Comment

Working...
                    X