Seriously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously?

Today at work, I met one of many recipients of our tax dollars at work! She (half white, half Tongan) is 32 years old, 8 kids from 3 different fathers. One of her kids was born premature and is getting the very best treatment on our dime at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. She is an alcoholic and has a gambling problem. But hey... she thinks she looks good in her $140 jeans and $400 purse.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind helping people out. I just think it should be regulated just a bit better so it's not abused.
    Last edited by 14Justice; 04-14-2013, 04:07 PM.
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Seriously?

That is crap! But it really is much harder to get away with abusing the system than people would like to believe. That woman could easily be a con artist or banker if she set her sights higher. I know somebody that looked into welfare once just to see what was required to get it. They require you to liquidate your assets prior to getting 1 red cent. They even check with DMV to see if you have a vehicle registered in your name. Any vehicle = no welfare!
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Also for those that dont know welfare in not regulated in each county. Therefore you can apply in your county, uncles county, grandmas county, etc. All you need is an address to put on the forms. I teach a parenting class for parents of strong willed teens. One couple has 8 kids between them and they dont work. However, they have the newest phones, nice clothing, and they drive a Navigator on 22s.
      1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

That sounds like a lot of work and like they need some Jimminy Cricket in their lives....
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

This crap kills me all the people playing the sistem. It's the same as taking money from my kids piggy bank. I don't care how much of a sociolest you are it's obviously wrong. Morals are obsolete in this state and in most of the country.

Comment

It is sickening to see obvious abusers. I am all for a system that helps those truly in need to get back on their feet - providing a cushion and a little help in job training... that benefits us all. The abusers who are working the system to pay for high dollar clothing and cars... that is where we need to see some real reform.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

My wife is a doctor at our local County clinic. A while ago she saw a girl who was on .gov healthcare because she was low-income blah blah blah... but she also had a fresh set of bolt-ons. Huh?!

Comment

I'm a LEO in a pretty crap area (south Sacramento)

Depending on the statistics one chooses to beleive, my area has between mid 60% to almost 80% of its population receiving some sort of public assistance.

It's not uncommon to deal with families that not a single person in three genarations has had a job. The entire family has been raised on public assistance.

The milestones they look forward to in life is not 16 and driving, not 18 and being an adult, not 21 and drinking.....their milestones are 18 and being able to collect their own welfare and having more kids for more $.

The waste and abuse is absolutely repulsive.

Comment

I too work in an predominantly section 8, subsidized area. The abuse is FAR worse than most people know about. Probably like Rockit, I can tell you stories that would turn your stomach. There is a great youtube video called the ebt song.
                  http://youtu.be/xLTTX35LNJo

None of these systems work. There was a study done on EBT a while back, and most of the spending was done on/at one of three places
                  1.Vegas
                  2.Cruise ships
                  3. Disneyland

The people on the system, teach their kids to abuse the system, and typically find it funny. They dont appreciate anything, and just want more.

Now the people that truly need, and try and use it for its intended purpose, have a hard time getting off it because there is no 'weaning' of period. You either get help or you dont. Trust me when I say most of these people have cars. Typically shity cars with 3 thousnd dollar rims and hacked together stereo systems.

The 911 system is their catch all problem solving/taxi service, and counties and cities spend millions of dollars annually because most of these people lack common sense, have terrible (disgusting) parenting skills, and like not having to work.

Comment

I never thought is was as bad as it is before I spent a couple years working in the south Sac area and Del Paso Hights. Most of my friends and family live in the nice small all American towns but they have no idea whats going on just 20 minutes from there house. They only see whats on ABC at night when they get home from work.

Comment

This is why I do not contribute to any charities, or support government welfare programs for anyone..... theres always someone out there abusing the system and hell If I got ahead with hard work and no government subsidy program in over 20 years of workin other than 2 months of unemployment during my first year school..... why cant they do so too?

Comment

The saying is very true...Keep working because millions of people depend on your tax dollars!!

Comment

It is disgusting, but you have to admit it keeps the riffraff out of the workplace.
                          Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

hahaha, I'm sitting in a parking lot, there is a clothing store here with a sign that says "Now accepting EBT cash". such BS
                            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I've never seen one of those so-called rich welfare recipients... Maybe somebody could show me one someday... I'm off on Thursday!

Comment

Working...
                              X