Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seriously?

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
    dammit....I think I shit myself - obviously not my fault - I think I need a helping hand filled with dollars to wipe me
    Jeeez... talk about wastin' money!
    Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
      dammit....I think I shit myself - obviously not my fault - I think I need a helping hand filled with dollars to wipe me
      I believe the proper word is Shat.....
      Do not worry my freind. Government assistant will arrive soon to install a bidet to spritz your tooshy clean
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

As far as assistance goes.

When I was a kid my mother needed it after my parents divorced (single mother, no job, 3 kids). She hated it but had no choice. Lasted a little over a year.

That was then. The now isn't so simple or legit. Some people still need it, but a lot from my eyes (10 plus years as a Deputy Sheriff) are plain scammers. But hell, why not? Our government has made it so easy it's ridiculous!!! You can disagree all you want but this is what I see in my Real World contact with Numerous people a week (and it's a pretty big number).
        And I don't work in a large county.

You can drive thru any section 8 housing complex in this state and find high end imports and caddies. And yes those cars lose value and can be bought on the cheap (Unlike Broncos), BUT...... Those blinging 22 inch rims and kickin stereo systems are a whole nother issue. And not all of those Bmers, Mercedes and Caddies are low dollar used cheepies either.....

Just sayin.
        Rant off. Soap box secured. Carry on. Have a nice day, and a beer
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Good point, and I'm sure you do see a lot of very questionable people. Not meant to be a counterpoint but more of an added tidbit of information... My brother had a job selling tires and wheels for commission at a sleazy tire shop in Sacramento for a few months last year. He told me a few stories about how apparently said tire shop was known nationwide for financing tires and wheels. He had people call him up everyday and waste his time trying to buy 24" wheels and tires and get 100% financing with a monthly payment of $15. WTF???? Who finances blingy wheels and tires??? Ooh... they're shiny, gotta have 'em but can't afford 'em..... At least tire shops don't take EBT cards.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I know of several shops that will do a rental program for wheels and tires for your donk.

Comment

Rims on EBT? If you can think it. Someone is working out the details to make it happen. Kind of like EBT at strip clubs.. Sadly, don't take EBT "Yet" is probably the reality. And shiny, blingy rims sometimes distract you and everyone else from the fact you may drive a hooptie. I get it. Urban camo....

Still, if your ass is on gov assistance. Tires, wheels and pimp rides, along with tattoos, beer, Ipads, ect, should be the last thing on your list of must have or must do.

The mind set is the problem.. Not that I know all the answers. I too love shiny and blingy. Although you wouldn't know it by looking at my Bronco . But I do support myself and budget responsibly for my bills, toys, and (all while preaching from my ivory tower with a in hand and a regal, royal wave)

Now back to our previously schedule Bronco programming.

Comment

Working...
              X