Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger Seats

Hello everybody,

Has anybody done or ever seen a way to fit 5 people in your bronco? Basically looking to fit 3 kids safely in back. I have the WH extreme hoops in rear and mastercraft baja seats up front. Just looking for ideas...

Re: Passenger Seats

Paging Josh......Josh please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing today. Bench seat up front? Sell one of my kids?
      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I went with the factory front bench seat out of a 70 bronco. I now can fit all 5 of us with ease. Great investment!
        Last edited by nathan_1970; 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM.
        ..______
        .[_____]
        {o===o}
        []==o=[]
        ..Old Blue..70 Sport, stock 302, ps, pdb, very close to the original color

Comment

Familyman (Chuck) did when he had his bronco. Since he was full width he was able to move is rear inner fenders further out to fit a larger bench seat in the back.

Comment

chuck used an extra wide PRP seat. I think josh is using excursion center seats, but remember josh is stretched 12". I can remember if he has a 3rd row or not.
            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Pager on!
              Not going to happen with a stock rear seat, the stupid boosters are too big. When I had my 67 back in the early 90s I'd carry 3 in the rear with lap belts in a stock seat but no way withthe booster laws (which make nno sense with lap belts. Anyways, get a bench for the front or cut your rear wheel wells and put a wider seat that's at least 42'' in the rear. Mine works cause I am stretched 12'' body and frame and I run 3 rows. Doesn't leave much cargo room but I'm in the process (well got the tub) to make a trailer to haul my crap.

Bottom line easiest solution is a bench front. I'll be selling mine when I do my 4 door. Maybe in the next decade before my kids get bigger.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

What does 3 rows of seats in a stretched EB look like?
                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Alright, heres a few pics in different stages, I'll try and put them in order too!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by PDXBronco; 04-23-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

You're going to have to lose those rear shock mounts.
                    You can get a TJ or YJ rear seat in there, I think those were 41" wide.
                    Mark Harris
                    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                      Pager on!
                      Not going to happen with a stock rear seat, the stupid boosters are too big. When I had my 67 back in the early 90s I'd carry 3 in the rear with lap belts in a stock seat but no way withthe booster laws (which make nno sense with lap belts. Anyways, get a bench for the front or cut your rear wheel wells and put a wider seat that's at least 42'' in the rear. Mine works cause I am stretched 12'' body and frame and I run 3 rows. Doesn't leave much cargo room but I'm in the process (well got the tub) to make a trailer to haul my crap.

Bottom line easiest solution is a bench front. I'll be selling mine when I do my 4 door. Maybe in the next decade before my kids get bigger.
                      How wide is the stock rear bench seat compared to a front bench seat? I do not have either one to measure. Might be easier to keep the kids and tell the wife to stay behind!!
                      Last edited by twisted 66; 04-24-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Haha, it's usually me and the kids on the camping trips. Stock is 40'' edge to edge but usable like 37''. Like mark said those hoops really make a challenge. You could put the seat behind them and notch the wells a couple inches. Bench front is 53'', just measured, lots of room.

Comment

If you can't find a stock bench, there are a few folks on classic that have used ranger benches as well.

Hey Josh, rig looks great!

Comment

I think the ranger bench is ~47" wide.
                            Last edited by 69crawler; 04-24-2013, 06:50 PM.
                            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Stock sliders virtually bolt up, I think I drilled 2 holes. One of the threads over there is a write up I did with an 88 ranger 60/40.

Thanks for remembering about the ranger seat, good tip and cheap!

Comment

Working...
                              X