X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software upgrade pending!!!

vBulletin 5 Connect is out finally.

Question posed:

It's $209 to simply upgrade to VB5, plus $149 to have them do the upgrade for us. Those of you who remember the last time we almost lost our database and were down for 2 months may appreciate that added cost.

VB 5 Connect with MOBILE Suite is $359 plus the $149 professional upgrade.

IS IT WORTH IT TO YOU GUYS TO HAVE THE MOBILE FOR AN EXTRA 150 BUCKS?

http://www.vbulletin.com/purchases/
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: Software upgrade pending!!!

With an android... it doesnt matter. They just work.

Coming from the iphone perspective, it was a pain to upload pics and to view pics or PM.

So... Im no help on this one.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

what does the mobile do???I don't ever upgrade to the mobile apps for any site so i wouldnt know what it would do for me.......
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

My phone is not that smart... but then neither am I. We need to hear from more folks on this one.
        Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

I'm typing this from my android, works just fine. Not a fan of tapatalk and similar forum reader apps, so I have no need for special mobile enhancements. So for what its worth, the standard upgrade works for me.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Not a fan of the mobile apps. It seems like they leave functions or links off on mobile apps

Comment

I vote no. I can use the site just fine as is from my iPhone. So I vote to save the $150 and use that money to have the V5 upgrade professionally installed.

Comment

I can do without it. As it is now, I can upload one picture at a time(maybe more if I wait long enough). But I would rather use my computer to do that stuff than my phone.
                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I personally like using tapatalk especially for other forums. This one has a cleaner/simpler layout so it is pretty easy to get around and use whether it be on android, an iphone/ipad or computer. However, one feature I do think would be nice that tapatalk does better on monile devices versus the way it is done on this forum is viewing photos. When using the webpage you have to scroll up/down to view a photo and you have to open each one individually instead of flipping from one to the next. Is there a way you can make the webpage version so that you can flip from one photo to the next without closing one and opening another individually? classicbroncos.com for instance has that feature. Just my $0.02.
                  '74 Ranger, Green, Uncut, 5.0 EFI, NV3550, 3.5" lift....

Comment

I am good with the standard... Only have a smart phone for work and I shouldn't use it for NCB stuff
                    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I agree with Pops, what does it do? I don't use Tap Talk for any other forums or any other mobile app and I can post just fine from my iPhone which I'm doing now. So I guess I don't need it.

Comment

I have not used any of the mobile apps. I am curious but not $150 unless its that good. I'm not even sure if it would be better than viewing on my Android. So I guess I'm with Ryan.... I'm no help

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
                          I agree with Pops, what does it do? I don't use Tap Talk for any other forums or any other mobile app and I can post just fine from my iPhone which I'm doing now. So I guess I don't need it.
                          x2
                          1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

From the vbulletin site
                            Includes native iOS and Android mobile apps for your site and get the bundled discount! Providing mobile apps will ensure the best experience for your mobile users, so they'll come back and engage more regularly.

Note: For Apple, you must have an Apple Developer Account and access to a Mac OS X Computer, for Android you need to have an Android Developer Account. Please see the Developer programs for specific costs.

http://www.vbulletin.com/mobile/
                            It looks like, from what I can tell, without a custom NCB App the mobile site would be a dumbed down webpage.

I would love to volunteer to help create an app for both the Apple & Android but I have no knowledge. If the mobile suite give you a tool to create an app, I would try to take that on and get feedback from all the users here. I know we have a software engineer on the board :COUGH COUGH:.

With out a commitment of an "app" being created, the mobile suite would be a cost with no real benefit.

There are a couple forums I am on and they do have mobile apps. the sites I just browse, I dont bother with the app, but the sites I do visit and ask questions, I downloaded the app.
                            Pirate4x4.com
                            planetminis.com
                            Thumpertalk.com
                            IH8Mud.com

A good example of the mobile suite without an "app" is thumpertalk.com on your smartphone. With the thumpertalk app, it looks good. With out the app and using your internet app, ei safari, chrome, internet, opera etc... it looks like garbage and is hard to navigate if you are not use to it.

I would also be more then willing to donate more to the pot if we needed funds to help with the upgrade.

Does any of this makes sense Carl? I just did a quick 15 min search for the mobile suite. Im not 100% sure if im right or wrong.

{o===o}
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

One more piece of input for everyone. It is 2013.
                              As much as I hate how everyone's face is glued to their phones when doing anything, The "smart phone" and "apps" are not leaving anytime soon.

Should we jump on board?
                              {o===o}

Comment

Working...
                              X