Software upgrade pending!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Software upgrade pending!!!

Skip the mobile app and just enable Tapatalk and/or ForumRunner. They're free and have worked just fine for me on multiple forums.

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
      I would love to volunteer to help create an app for both the Apple & Android but I have no knowledge. If the mobile suite give you a tool to create an app, I would try to take that on and get feedback from all the users here. I know we have a software engineer on the board :COUGH COUGH:.
      Ahem, cough, cough. Mobile app development interests me though I've not spent much time teaching myself much about it. Android is basically linux under the covers and IOS is basically freebsd, so I'm sure its not that much of a jump for me. Guess it would depend on what the API looks like and how much original code I'd have to come up with.

All of this being said, before I'd attempt anything, I'd have to set up a meeting with my employer's lawyers and make sure that I'm not violating my non-compete. I am sure that's more of a hassle than I want to deal with, but I won't jeopardize a good job. I'd be interested in at least learning what the mobile capabilities of the vBulletin software are.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
        Ahem, cough, cough. Mobile app development interests me though I've not spent much time teaching myself much about it. Android is basically linux under the covers and IOS is basically freebsd, so I'm sure its not that much of a jump for me. Guess it would depend on what the API looks like and how much original code I'd have to come up with.

All of this being said, before I'd attempt anything, I'd have to set up a meeting with my employer's lawyers and make sure that I'm not violating my non-compete. I am sure that's more of a hassle than I want to deal with, but I won't jeopardize a good job. I'd be interested in at least learning what the mobile capabilities of the vBulletin software are.
        I didnt think of that.

From the looks of the site with apps, they all look the same. Im guessing vbulletin gives you a basic app that you put your logo on and change the colors. from that point, writing code for a personalized app from the initial starting point.

I would be commit to helping with the app if we even get that portion.
        To me, it doesnt really matter. mobile, no mobile........
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
        X