Alaskan Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaskan Cruise

Two other couples and the wife and I will be going on an Alaskan cruise in a few weeks . Wondering if anyone has gone before and has some sights that are a must see . Our ports will be Ketchikan7 am -3 pm, Juneau 7 am -130pm and Skagway 7am-5pm with a last stop in Victoria BC 2pm-9pm
    Found this
    http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/...s=7&Click=1152
    T.I.A.
    Brian

P.S. I have no extra room in a suitcase Sorry
    Last edited by Bronco Brian; 06-03-2013, 06:28 PM.
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Re: Alaskan Cruise

Never been but in September I'm going to Kodiak for a week to hang out and do some fishing.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
      Never been but in September I'm going to Kodiak for a week to hang out and do some fishing.
      That should be fun
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Talk to Tony (Blwngasket) He just got back from an Alaskan cruise about a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
          Talk to Tony (Blwngasket) He just got back from an Alaskan cruise about a week ago.
          Thanks PM him

Comment

Just say hello to my sister in Juneau. Juneaus down town is a tourist trap for sure, but not bad to wonder around. Ketchikan has a old school wooden downtown that is really cool. We snorkeled there also, but if you have ever snorkeled in a tropical area it wil be grey and boring, and you will be in a wet suit since the water is like 50 something degrees. In Skagway we did some rock climbing and repelling and then headed out on a ferry to Haines for a nature hike on a wooden walkway. Ended at chilkoot lake watching the salmon run. Proposed to my wife on that hike in Skagway. Totally caught her off guard. You will have a good time no matter what you do if you like beautiful scenery. Oh yeah, it's a temperate rainforest so it will probably rain on you.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Did the Disney Cruise two years ago... Drove to Vancouver

Do the rail way trip in Skagway!!! Bring warm clothes... Skagway had a cool hardware store... sold guns, ammo, fishing stuff, and hunt/fish licenses

Bus ride to the glacier, walked pretty close to it. Our cruise ship hit another one of them during the trip between cities
              Last edited by 904Bronco; 06-03-2013, 07:56 PM.
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I hear the zip-line in Ketchikan is pretty fun.
                1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
                  I hear the zip-line in Ketchikan is pretty fun.
                  I am to big (insert Fat) and the wife won't

Comment

I want to do the cruise one day from Vancouver up and back, just to wean myself and the GF into cruisin and see what its like up there. Thats all.

Comment

Went to Alaska awhile ago. We flew to Anchorage, rented a car, and drove to Denali. Spent a few days there. Drove back to Anchorage and then took the train to Seward. We were on a 1 week cruise from Seward to Vancouver. Excursions were 2 helicopter rides to glaciers (one included a dog sled ride on the glacier), train ride in Skagway, whale cruise, and forest tour while driving sidebysides. I think we did something else too. This was before we were married and had kids and a house payment so we were young(er) and had money coming out of our ears.

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
                        Went to Alaska awhile ago. We flew to Anchorage, rented a car, and drove to Denali. Spent a few days there. Drove back to Anchorage and then took the train to Seward. We were on a 1 week cruise from Seward to Vancouver. Excursions were 2 helicopter rides to glaciers (one included a dog sled ride on the glacier), train ride in Skagway, whale cruise, and forest tour while driving sidebysides. I think we did something else too. This was before we were married and had kids and a house payment so we were young(er) and had money coming out of our ears.
                        That sound like a He%% of a good time, Out of my budget Dangit

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post

Do the rail way trip in Skagway!!!
                          have any info on this searched with no luck.

Comment

We're headed up for a family trip on the Disney Wonder in a few weeks. We depart from Vancouver hitting several of the same ports as you.

I love Alaska, and a cruise wasn't my first choice, but my mom's hosting us to get all the grandkids together.

I have an Uncle in Juneau (no relation to Mark's sister), and I agree with Mark, the downtown is touristy.

There are a few museums close if you are inclined. There is also the Red Dog Saloon, that is worth popping in just to see, sometimes its pretty fun and is real close to where the cruise ships dock. There is a fish hatchery just outside of town (on the way to mendenhall) that's worth checking out if there are fish running and the Mendehall Glacier is pretty cool if you havent seen a glacier before. Its easily accessible and the locals call it the Drive-Up Glacier. I also hear Taku lodge can be pretty awesome especially if you are there with the bears.

I'm fishing in Ketchikan, and I haven't been to the other places in SE Alaska for a while, so I'm no help there.

Good luck, I don't think you can go wrong - Alaska is a pretty beautiful place.
                            Craig Gerbi
                            '72 Sport
                            Half Moon Bay

Comment

Take (and share) lots of pictures! Akaska is on my list. Have fun.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X