How hot does your Bronco get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hot does your Bronco get?

It's 106 In sac today. Made a trip to Folsom Lake from Fair Oaks in the Bronco and she got up to 220. Not really happy about that. Its hot as hell but wish I could keep her at 200/210. How hot does your Bronco get?

Re: How hot does your Bronco get?

Around town mine runs right at 195 no matter what the temp, but if I get on the highway and try to go faster than 65mph it will head up to around 215.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

195 which is the thermostat rating. Sometimes when at a stop light I can actually see the temp gauge needle move back and forth as the thermostat opens and closes.
      5.8EFI w/4 core copper radiator and half a fan shroud. Fixed reverse rotation flex fan.

Comment

I have a stock 302 with a 4 core radiator, fan shroud, stock fan. Wonder if I need to flush out that radiator. It's been 5 years??? Thought about a better fan. Don't know if it makes a difference. I'm puting AC in and concerned what that's going to do to it.
        Last edited by CageDave; 06-08-2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

On my old bronco getting air out of the engine compartment was the key. I had a hood bubble that had holes down both sides, and I removed the inner fenders. Made a huge difference.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Ya, I was thinking of that. Drilling my glass hood or making some hood louvers.

Comment

I'm with Mark on this one. I have the vented hood you helped me with and no inner fender wells. Doesnt matter the temp outside, 195 maybe 200. Wouldn't hurt to clean the radiator too!
              Leave No One Behind
              KK6AUW

Comment

195-200, all day, all night, regardless of ambient temp. 1997 explorer motor stock.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Im not sure the why but my bronco only gets to 170 in town sometimes it will get to 190 if im going up a steep long grade. At idle it will go up to 210 because I havent made a shroud for it yet but that take a long time like 30 min at idle.

Comment

Taking your advice and decited to drill a series of holes down the side of my hood scoop and cut out the iner fender wells. That should help. Thanks

Comment

I tossed the inner fenders, my hood and temp gauge......added a Taurus fan.....now I don't worry about temp numbers and in runs most of the time..
                      It should be running 200-210 and considering the heat that day and the heat box surrounding you engine...your temp isn't that bad.
                      70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

i got a 94 5.0 and i run at 210 with the fan kicking on at 210, so its usually cycling... im going to put a 200 t-stat in it when i get home. if that doesnt work, going with a new heater core (bypassed right now), and new alum. rad.
                        1970, '94 5.0, NP435, D20, D44, 9", 5.5" system 12, only 35's...

Comment

180 t stat and cut the inner fenders plus the vents in the hood should help

Comment

I have full inner fenders, no hood venting and a 351w with a 92 degree thermostat. El-cheapo Summit aluminum radiator and a 2-speed Derale electric fan. I've never seen my temp gauge go above 190 in any condition. Not to say the factory gauge cluster is the most accurate device in the world, but its reading matched a temporary mechanical gauge I hooked up when I first broke in the engine years ago, so its got to be at least near the ballpark...
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Your just showing off now.

Comment

Working...
                              X