R/C Rock Crawlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R/C Rock Crawlers

Most likey not as fun as a high dollar R/C but I want one when the come out looks like wait wait & wait

http://www.funrise.com/detail.aspx?id=06202

Would realy like to get on from RandyatBBY but I would have to hide it from the wife
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

If i ever get into this stuff, which I sure will happen one day, it wont be any less than one of those gas powered screamers just to annoy the dogs camping with!

Comment

I was hoping to put some pictures of some of my rigsbut I spent too much time working on my EB todayI will see what I can do tomorrow afternoon.
      1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Sweet I would like to see some nice R/C I too think it would make a good camp toy
        Last edited by Bronco Brian; 01-21-2007, 09:50 AM. Reason: spelling
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Ya I am now thinking of getting one of these.. Looks good Randy!! Post some pics.. This can be a great campground game!! Just dont spill my beer.

A
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Hear is a few of my RC rigs

This is my comp rig with the body off

This is one of my Tubers or buggies as you know them with the skin off
            1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

So, does the winch on the tube crawler actually work?
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Oh Man are these little guys cool!!! Now this is something I could really get my teeth into. Hows about someone who knows about these RC giving some of us Cherrys a little help in making an informed choice on where to start. Any web-sites? or place to read and learn and hopefully buy?

Gunny
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to slide in broadside, worn out and throughly used up shouting "WOW" what a ride.

Comment

Randy's shop is BBY racing. They deal with boats and crawlers. Here is a link to the group he runs around with. www.nor-calrcrc.com
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

WHAT NO BRONCO BODY that is just wrong fun but wrong.
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
                      So, does the winch on the tube crawler actually work?
                      Sure does! It is used in the scale class to get places otherwise you can not get and a friend can come to your rescue to help pull you with his winch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny
                        Oh Man are these little guys cool!!! Now this is something I could really get my teeth into. Hows about someone who knows about these RC giving some of us Cherrys a little help in making an informed choice on where to start. Any web-sites? or place to read and learn and hopefully buy?

Gunny
                        www.rccrawler.com They are a bunch of my friends, Some of them are smart you know what kids but OK.
                        Last edited by RandyatBBY; 01-22-2007, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian
                          WHAT NO BRONCO BODY that is just wrong fun but wrong.
                          Brian
                          I am too busy working on mine right now to build the copy of my truck. But that is in the plans.

Comment

They are not rock crawlers, they are rip and shred haul assers, but my family and friends sure like the HPI Savages...

Comment

So has anyone got into these things since the thread started??
                              I've had a clodbuster crawler for yrs. and am getting back into this finally, although, its one of the hobbies that is keeping me from working on my bronco..

I'm to lazy to fab another chassis and suspension for my clod so I bought a new chassis kit ( cpe claw). It's different so I hope it works out.
                              I also picked up a tlt-1 and have some ideas brewing in my head involving derlin, alum, rc10-gt tranny, t-maxx leftovers and maybe an extra mm max/bl motor combo.

Old pics
                              Those are pic from my 5th or so overhaul on my clod and you can see the willys 3b highhood body I built out of sheetmetal kinda under the tires. Also, a tube frame I built, but never completed.
                              70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Working...
                              X