Fair price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair price?

Hey guys, just wondering if $500 for an '89 5.0 GT motor with ~ 93k miles is "fair". It comes with everything minus the computer and harness.

Sean
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

seems fair to me.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Would a Lightning motor fit in an EB? And/or The GT 40P (~'97-up?) Found a guy on Corral.net board who can get them as overstocks.
      '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Hell yes, if you can find a 5.8 Lightning it will drop right in. I have the Exploder 5.0 GT-40P in mine and LOVE the power. Ask Mark, eb72, he has seen me pull a 4ft tall wheelie at prarie city!!
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

HOLY HELL YES on the Lightning motor!!!

Comment

I'm wainting to hear back from the guy. He's going out to a warehouse to check the stock on the motors. FYI , he had said that the GT40p shipped would be ~ $1600

Would the 5.8 Lightning motor have the same cooling issues being it's a 351?

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX
              .....FYI , he had said that the GT40p shipped would be ~ $1600 .....
              What kind of mileage, or is that N.O.S. (new old stock)?

If they are new or low milage I think it's a smokin' deal.
              Last edited by 720Racer; 01-24-2007, 09:45 PM.
              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 720Racer
                What kind of mileage, or is that N.O.S. (new old stock)?

If they are new or low milage I think it's a smokin' deal.

He told me new.....

Comment

Is this the guy in Ohio?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
                    Is this the guy in Ohio?
                    Yup, His name is Dan. Found a link on CB. Know anything about him +/or the motors he has access too? Or, is it "too good to be true."

Comment

Damn, if that works out I may sell the Mustang I bought to yank the motor out of, and just buy one of those!

Comment

I was talking to him about 6 months ago when I was looking for a new engine solution. Seemed like a good guy. He sent me some pictures of the exploder and cobra motors that he had at that time and they looked brand new. They were crated up real nice and wrapped in plastic. He couldn't tell me if they were brand new or used, because some of them had been "test engines" that were run on a dyno. That kind of worried me a little. I just kept picturing the guy running the dyno with a shit eating grin on his face revving the crap out of it to see what it would do. Maybe I'm just too paranoid.

Comment

Yea, I'd have to think about getting one too, prices sound good, is there a guarantee that comes with the engines.

Comment

Hell I'm Interested!!! That sounds like a good deal!!

Aaron
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX
                              He told me new.....
                              I think it's a good deal. I paid $1300 for my exploder 5.0 (front dress, accessories, puter and wiring harness included) with 21,000 miles.

But for a new lightning 5.8 I'd have paid more.

I thought FRPP was selling new exploder 5.0 long blocks for $1500 a few years ago.

Galen
                              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X