Superduty giving me fits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superduty giving me fits

So last week as I'm getting up to freeway speeds the truck starts acting like it is got a bad mis. I have the local ford dealer run a diagnostic test and they say the #2 injector is dead, the #3 injector is weak and a possible injector module controller being bad.

So I open both valve covers and do the 25cent fix. Didn't fix it. I replace the #2 injector, didn't fix it. Could the weak injector be causing the problem to continue or is it the module.

Re: Superduty giving me fits

What year super duty ?
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

2000, I've replaced the #2 injector. Just got back from the parts store. I have a second new injector to install, the IDM or whatever the injector driver is. I'm thinking the driver is bad and causing all the problems.

Comment

Couldn't be a cps sensor.....I forget the symptoms it been awhile.
        70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Fixed it,

Friday night tore both valve covers off and tried the 50 cent trick. Found the drivers side wiring plug semi unplugged. Put it back together and still ran like crap.

Saturday opened the drivers side valve cover again and replaced the #2 injector with a used one my buddy had lying around. put it back together and ran like crap but less so. I went to napa auto parts and bought a rebuilt injector, wiring harness, CPS, and IDM. Pricey stuff.

Sunday opened passenger side valve cover and noticed an injector plug slightly unplugged. Figured I was this far so I replaced the #3 injector with rebuilt one, plugged back in the #1 injector plug. Replaced the valve cover and the truck ran great.

Monday returned the wiring harness, IDM for refund and drove it to Willows for lunch at the airport.

Comment

Nice, that shit gets expensive and frustrating.
            70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Working...
            X