Build Party Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Party Part Deux

I will be having another surgery in the next few months (hopefully my last one), which may coincide with a pending move. So, what was once just my hope to get my Bronco out of my wife's way is now more urgent need. The engine runs, at least it did before I parked it, so I just need the following to either have it drivable or able to roll onto a tow truck:

* If anyone has some good instructions (with pictures) on reassembling a Dana 44, I can hopefully get that going. *

1. Finish front axle install: 44 is installed, but need to install axles into housing, hub, brakes and connect up steering.

2. Once wheels are on the ground need to mock up rear to weld on leaf springs perches and caliper bracket before complete install.

3. Install hydroboost (master cylinder already removed and have adapter bracket from e-bay)

I'd be happy with any help, so can either have one or two (2) people come over to piece things together a little at a time or bigger party and hopefully finish it all at once.

Let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Brian
    Last edited by 68EBSport; 10-04-2013, 02:33 PM.

Re: Build Party Part Deux

Brian,

Throw out some dates that work for you...
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Location Location Location.
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I can make myself available pretty much any weekend starting Sept 27/28. Willing to work around others schedules. Can do anytime in October. Any dates better than others for anyone?

-Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
          Location Location Location.
          San Jose. Thought it said my location below join date, but apparently not. Have to fix that.
          Last edited by 68EBSport; 09-15-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Brian, My weekends are upside down right now in my schedule rotation. When they come back into play, I'm out of state (Utah and Oregon) for most of October on two Elk hunts.
            1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
              Brian, My weekends are upside down right now in my schedule rotation. When they come back into play, I'm out of state (Utah and Oregon) for most of October on two Elk hunts.
              I have similar issues with finishing a Sunday rotation at work, starting a Saturday rotation, Fall Pony Baseball on Saturday and 2 hr practices on Friday evenings... I will see what I can do when a date is picked... Doug
              Last edited by 904Bronco; 09-17-2013, 02:38 PM.
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for more responses in the coming days, but can also make myself available during the week if needed. I know everyone has crazy schedules, so I'm willing to work around those schedules to get a hand. Again, if a larger build party doesn't work, one or two people giving me a hand installing the front axles and seals and then another for each other part works fine. I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
                Brian

Comment

I've got a new pinion seal burning a hole in my trunk, so I'll keep my eyes on this thread for some narrowing down of days.
                  I'm semi-flexible, but also not very consistent (sounds like a personal problem!). So I can't really plan ahead very far. I'll just wait and see.

Paul
                  Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
                  www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
                  68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

***Needs have changed. Look at updated first post.

Anyone have detailed instructions (i.e. with pictures) to reassemble the Dana 44? Searched and searched online with no luck.

Thanks in advance,
                    -Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X