gov't shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gov't shutdown

Got screwed out of a camping trip due to the shutdown. My parents were already at a US Forest Service campground and a ranger told them to leave by 5 due to the shutdown. It sucks cause vacation time is already used, food and supplies bought, and other family rented an RV and can't refund.
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Re: gov't shutdown

I think that ranger might be confused! Just because he's not "allowed" to "work" shouldn't mean that the public can't access PUBLIC lands! I'd go anyway and tell them to pound dirt in a rat hole but that's just me...

I have the exact same feelings on the DC monuments. If I were there I'd walk right through the barracades. That shit all BELONGS TO THE TAX PAYING PUBLIC anyway!
    Last edited by Fungus232; 10-03-2013, 10:52 AM.
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

No your wrong...he has to do what the law dictates..blame the 5% that voted for the idiots and Boehner for not allowing the complete house to vote on the bill to not shut the country down over what's been passed since '09.
      Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Yea screw that its public land tell them there not getting payed and they need to go home

Comment

It is weird that they won't let people in national parks but if he closed the gate before leaving your kinda be screwed... RV's don't wheel very good... I'd find a slightly more wild place that isn't a campground. It would probably be just as fun...
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

thats sucks you should be able to use the public land with out the baby sitter on sight. But it looks like you will need to look for a public camp or go national forest. What park is this?

Comment

All national parks closed; they just kicked everyone out of Yosemite. They showed the "barriers" on the news, stupid plastic saw horses. Sounds like a great time to hike half dome if you ask me.

Except for some of my friends who are not being paid at the moment, the gov shut down hasn't effected my life one bit.
              72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
                I think that ranger might be confused! Just because he's not "allowed" to "work" shouldn't mean that the public can't access PUBLIC lands! I'd go anyway and tell them to pound dirt in a rat hole but that's just me...

I have the exact same feelings on the DC monuments. If I were there I'd walk right through the barracades. That shit all BELONGS TO THE TAX PAYING PUBLIC anyway!
                I like your style
                Jack
                73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Originally posted by jperry1290 View Post
                  Got screwed out of a camping trip due to the shutdown. My parents were already at a US Forest Service campground and a ranger told them to leave by 5 due to the shutdown. It sucks cause vacation time is already used, food and supplies bought, and other family rented an RV and can't refund.
                  Go to a state park or a state recreation area.

Comment

You can pretty much camp anywhere in a national forest. x2 on a state park.

Comment

Just read an article about the feds telling charter boat captains in Florida that they cant use over 1100 sq miles of ocean and Bisdayne bay for ANY water activities.
                      When interviewed the official said that he was sickened. Told to make this painful on the public by his superiors
                      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

With the "leaders" we have the cliff we are going over is at least no surprise. "We the People" are being shut out by "We the Government". Survival requires me to crawl farther back in my man cave now. Shhh!
                        Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry66 View Post
                          With the "leaders" we have the cliff we are going over is at least no surprise. "We the People" are being shut out by "We the Government". Survival requires me to crawl farther back in my man cave now. Shhh!

Leaders... lead our country in becoming a communist country.....This is what our Goverment decision process looks like. And just to think I may have several more days of being out of work..

Comment

Working...
                          X