It's all about timing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all about timing!

Lets go to mexico for a couple O weeks the wife says.
    Sure, I like standing in the ocean and drinking beer as much as the next guy.

Lets go fishing I says. Sure, the wife says. I like fresh fish as much as the next guy.

We know the guy who won the Bisbee 2 years ago and he says lets go. Meet me at the boat on Saturday.

3 hours later I'm in the chair fighting a 544 lbs blue marlin. 3 hours in, it dives 2000 ft, breaks the pole and dies due to the cold water. Took 2 hours, 2 bottles of Stoli, 1 bottle of Crown Royal and 5 of us to drag it up to the surface.

Turns out that fish was big enough to win the last 4 Bisbee tournaments. This years starts in just a few days.

I was wondering why the boat owner kept yelling, " Holy shit. That's a 2 million dollar fish."

Timing is everything. Mine is off just a little bit.

T
    Last edited by blwngsket; 10-05-2013, 12:40 PM.
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Re: It's all about timing!

Sounds awesome! Pics?

Comment

Dude! No way. That sounds like an awesome day regardless of the outcome.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

WHAT? No pics?

Comment

It's on my phone. Trying to load it. The thing is 13 feet long.
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Hows that for a hog......
            Attached Files

Comment

Hoooooooooooooly tuna fish sammich Batman!!!! NICE HAUL!
              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Daayuuum!
                Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

That's so rad

Comment

THAT is B*tchin'!!!!!
                    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Congrats on the haul! I have a Marlin under my belt too. Mine was caught off Maui a few years back, 2.5 hour fight at an even 300lbs. Sitting in the chair for 2.5 hours backing the boat down to bring in the line with 8ft swells coming in the back of the boat. Nothing like it in the world! Congrats again!
                      Leave No One Behind
                      KK6AUW

Comment

Holy SHEEIAT!!!! That is awesome!!! I caught a 260 lb. marlin in Cabo a few years ago and it about killed me getting that in. Nice job bud!

Comment

This is my fourth and biggest Marlin. Gonna be hard to beat. It's all fun and games untill the adrenaline wears off. After the first 45 minutes to an hour. Then it becomes pure torture.
                          Going again in January. Maybe something easy. Like Tuna

Comment

GREAT MARLIN!!!!

We went to the Bisbee last year and only got Mahi Mahi...and a lot of it. The Tiki bar had fun preparing it all.

We know the Bisbee family and the owner of the tourney, Wayne through my brother in law who does the money side for the family. Great people and a fun time!! Not going this year unfortunately.
                            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                            X