Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have the HFT Air Dryer?

http://www.harborfreight.com/compres...yer-40211.html

I just ordered this with a 25% Coupon. Reviews are mostly great with a few adjustments made to the unit. I'm getting loads of water through my air tools and needed a good fix plus I'm going to paint a few rigs this spring.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: Anybody have the HFT Air Dryer?

Carl... somewhere in my files I have a really good reference piece about designing an air system to improve the functionality of an air dryer. You don't necessarily need to spend that much. The main thing is to place a filter/dryer farther downstream (not right on the compressor). Run some PVC up to the ceiling, across the room and drop it back down the other side. Put your water separator there so the air has a chance to travel farther (and hence forming the little water droplets into bigger drops so they are easier to catch). That is what I did when I painted my rig and I just used a simple/cheap water separator filter there. It caught a ton of water and I did not have issues with fish eyes in the paint.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Thanks for the tips Tony. I get it Friday and will probably get it hooked up in a few weeks.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

What tony said. Run the line up so (liquid) water cant travel that far, and always blow out the tank when you're done using it so the moisture in the tank doesn't condense.
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
        X