Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth?

Hi guys
    I just finished a 72 and am wondering whats it worth. It's a sport with a salvage title but doesn't matter because it's all new. I rebuilt the rear 9" with all new brakes seals springs bearings posi clutches ect. The front is the same with 79 discs and posi with reversed drag links and trac bar. New not rebuilt ford racing 302 340hp with new polished air gap & holley truck avenger. P/s p/b tilt fresh paint new seat covers and buns front and back. Auto meter tach and gauges. New 3" lift springs and shocks New Stock front and rear tanks chrome headers new flow masters and pipes 4 new 33/12.50/15 BFG 5 matching american racing wheels. Rebuilt np435 and t/c new clutch flywheel bearing ect. Chrome tube bumpers and driving lights. Still needs a little chrome and carpet. Have the chrome but not good enough so still looking. Hardtop on half top with no rear window goes too. Lots of extra parts go with it. I like building them not owning them so if I can figure a price I'll start the selling process.
    Ps I'm sure I've forgot something but it's nice
    Barry
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lowbudget; 11-23-2013, 09:12 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Re: What's it worth?

Don't worry about all that salvage title stuff, it doesn't mean anything to a classic bronco IMHO.

It sounds like you have built a very nice driver. I assume with all the chrome and mention of carpet that you had no intention of this truck seeing dirt. This kinda puts you in a niche market. The final price tag is going to come down to you finding the right buyer.
    My Dad's rig sold for a very fair price to a guy who was looking for something set up just that way. But Josh's family stretch bronco sold for far less than I think it should of.

From what your describing, I would start at about $18k and see what happens. I think something has to be really really special to sell for over $20k these days. Maybe someone will come along looking for the old bronco that they have always wanted drive around.
    Last edited by TRAILBOUND; 11-20-2013, 11:56 AM.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Thanks for the response and yes it was built for a driver with hunting in mind. I was a jeep racer in the 70's and always liked wheeling. I was thinking 18k so were about the same on value. No carpet for me either except for the noise level without it. I have the roof liner but not installed so carpet and the roof insulation should help it be less Tinney.
      Barry

Comment

Let's see a picture, it's hard to valve something without them.
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I know of a nice one that just sold for $25,000. I'd start high, you can always come down. And yes, pictures would be nice.

Comment

If you're worried about the salvage title you can apply to DMV for a clean title again and get the Bronco inspected plus show receipts. Just explain that it's a rebuilt vehicle. If everything checks out I do believe you can have a clean title again. Even though all damaged parts may be replaced the salvage title can affect the sale price.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Thanks for the replies I'll post some pics as soon as my grand daughter can help me.

Comment

Working...
              X