Mixed emotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed emotions

Tomorrow marks the day my youngest leaves the roost. He gets picked up at 1:30 by the Marine Corps and is off to start boot camp. I'm happy for him on one hand but sad that he's leaving my house on the other hand. He is following the footsteps of his dad. It was almost 31 years ago I made that same step out of my parents house and stepped into a very different life in the Marines. I remember my dad crying when I left. That was something I had never seen him do. I'm almost certain, I will be doing the same. My house will be occupied by just me and my dog now. I guess that might lead to more Bronco time... I'm certainly gonna miss him!
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Mixed emotions

Thank him from me for his service and sacrifices. And dad it will be ok.
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Good for him!

Now, Whens the House party!
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

When I left the house 31 years ago to follow my dads military footsteps, I watched him cry for the first time as well. It says a lot about a man when his child chooses to follow in his footsteps. Well done. All 3 of my fathers sons joined
        Good luck with the adjustment.
        Sending good thoughts to both of you and thanks for his upcoming service.

1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I guess guys can get "empty nest syndrome" too. Let the proud moment overrule your sad moment until he leaves. Then cry...... If you can wait that long.

Congratulations on raising a man.
          Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

That's great Brad, you should be proud! You raised a good son, the couple of times I met him he's seemed like a very respectful, well rounded kid. So many kids are not like him.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

congrats to you and your son Brad!! I too cried, when Justin left for boot camp, left for Iraq, came home from Iraq, to and from Afghanistan. Its all ok Dad. Thank him for his service from us, the Yeltons!!
              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Brad, Although this will not make you feel better I have to agree with those who said it before me.

You have served our nation and after, you choose to serve your community. You learned from your parents the meaning of selfless service and have instilled that in the moral fiber of your son. Now bearing a true testament to the great up bringing your son has chosen to follow in your foot steps. Less than 1% of this nation serves in the armed forces.

Wish him a Westpac float and a good time.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                X