Hard top height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard top height

This is a two part request... either will help.

1. Can someone give me a measurement of the distance from the tub floor, bed rails, windshield frame and tailgate to the hard top roof?

2. If anybody near Livermore has a rig set up about like mine (4.5" lift, 37" tires, 2" body lift) wants to take a drive... come on over and see if your rig will fit under my garage door opening!

I realize the second is a long shot.. but there's a cold beer or two in it for your efforts! I really want to put a top on my rig for the winter so that I can use it more in bad weather and maybe even go up to the mountains. Its sitting idle too much!

Thanks!
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Re: Hard top height

Why don't you put the hard top on your Bronco and then try to drive it into your garage? Instant answer.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
      Why don't you put the hard top on your Bronco and then try to drive it into your garage? Instant answer.
      If I had one I would... thanks buddy! Just trying to figure this out before I haul another one home. Got rid of the two that I had some time ago.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Oh, LOL. I thought you still had them. Sorry, just trying to help and be a smart ass at the same time. Hehe.

Comment

Oh, LOL. I thought you still had them. Sorry, just trying to help and be a smart ass at the same time. Hehe.
          Yeah should have specified. I would expect no less, keep me on my toes Pat! Been busy and not using the Bronco for anything, kinda bums me out seeing all that time and money sitting there, idle.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

25" top of bed rail at the center of wheel well highest part of top. mine clears standard door opening buy a couple inches. 5.5"lift 35 tires 1.375" body lift.
            75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

You can barrow mine. Youd have to drive out to tracy and help me lowe it from the rafters
              Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Thanks guys. Never quite got back out there today and now I don't feel like moving cars around... will get back on this soon.

Rich, very generous offer! I think that based on my rig having the BC quarter guards yours might not be a direct fit... I did not open up the stake pockets yet.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

YOU CAN TRY MY SUMMER TOP. its lite no sides and the corner post are cut short.
                  75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

I got the half cab you can put on no back window so it will be easy to cut for roll cage then you have a truck to use to

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                      I did not open up the stake pockets yet.
                      How important are the stakes on the hard top? Can you just bolt the top to the bed rails and windshield and call it good? Or are the stakes that important to have on there for safty? I'm just curious because I am about to put a top on mine and I too have the BC guards with no stake opening on the top of them.

Comment

I had a top on mine with 5.5 lift with 2" body with 33" rollers and the top scraped the header barley. My door height is 7'.

Comment

How important are the stakes on the hard top? Can you just bolt the top to the bed rails and windshield and call it good? Or are the stakes that important to have on there for safty? I'm just curious because I am about to put a top on mine and I too have the BC guards with no stake opening on the top of them.
                          The stakes offer rigidity to the rear of the top to keep side to side movement down and keep the top from racking. You can make some external braces out of some angle iron that would do the same thing.
                          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I wouldn't bother cutting the guards to fit the stakes. With 5 or 6 bolts per side, that top isn't going anywhere. Cut the stakes off.
                            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I unbolted the stakes from mine in 97. Never used them after that. Makes it way easier for on and offs when you are by yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X