What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

Ok, so I bought Doug's 77 yesterday and now I have a decision to make. Should I part with my 74 major project and just finish the 77, like install my long arm 5.5 lift use the doors grill and gate for the 77? Or just tear the frame apart and put the pieces in my one stall garage and store them. I have limited space at the house and with 3 kids and working stupid long hrs every day I don't really have time for a big project, but maybe I will down the road. It's just with bronco prices always going up I don't want to go looking for another one in a year or two when I do have more time. Any input would help, thanks.

Re: What to do?

I am pretty much in the same boat. I bought a major project Broncos and have done 99% of the work myself. My kids are now 2 & 5 so they dont take long naps anymore, and my work schedule changed giving me less free time.

I would say do the option that requires less work and thus less money. Plus I have a garage full of Broncos parts and that irritates the wife.
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

What makes you think your going to have time in a year or two. Believe it or not, your 3 kids are going to be a year or two older then also.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy6200 View Post
        Ok, so I bought Doug's 77 yesterday and now I have a decision to make. Should I part with my 74 major project and just finish the 77, like install my long arm 5.5 lift use the doors grill and gate for the 77? Or just tear the frame apart and put the pieces in my one stall garage and store them. I have limited space at the house and with 3 kids and working stupid long hrs every day I don't really have time for a big project, but maybe I will down the road. It's just with bronco prices always going up I don't want to go looking for another one in a year or two when I do have more time. Any input would help, thanks.
        Drive the 77... Work on the 74 as time permits. If you take the 77 apart your will have two rigs apart and nothing to drive.
        The kids are going to take more of your time, so unless you plan to go out to the garage and work late and give up sleep... Ask me how I know...
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

never take a good running rig apart.
          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Working...
          X