79 Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 Bronco

Im thinking about picking up a 79..why im not sure lol...alot of back fees..how many years is it to drop off ? 7 ? Did they come with 351 Clev? Thanks in advance.

Re: 79 Bronco

I believe it's 7-10 years before they fall off DMV. It should not have a true Cleveland, it should either be a 351M or a 400. Both of which utilize Cleveland 2v heads. Take a look at a smog diagram for a 79, make sure most if not all of that stuff is there. Chasing down smog stuff for a FSB would be a real PITA.

Other than all that just enjoy having an FSB. I would really love to have a 78/79 for more family based wheeling/camping.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

You might wanna do some research but I'm pretty sure the last year of non smog is going to stay 1975. Don't think California will be adding any newer year vehicles to that list. If you want to get the 79, I'd just swap a newer motor in it(fuel injected 5.8L or 7.5L) and get a referee to pass it. Shouldn't be too complicated... Both are truck motors with a single catalytic converter and everything should swap right over.

The engine is probably a 351/400 midland... With smog and a 2 barrel carb... That's gonna be a pain in the butt to keep running clean and still have enough power to get the 79 to get out of its own way...
      Last edited by Efibroncoman; 01-16-2014, 04:21 PM.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

they are cool but California makes them hard to enjoy. depends what you want it for. I have a 1995 with working A/C that I love to drive, My 68 is the one I work on.
        Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

awesome thxs for info..might go take a look at it..its pretty cheap..said something about heads needing work and back fees..and some rust in pass floor..l ll let you guys know what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Nuchi View Post
            awesome thxs for info..might go take a look at it..its pretty cheap..said something about heads needing work and back fees..and some rust in pass floor..l ll let you guys know what happens
            Those heads are known to get cracks if overheated... both 351 and 400. Make sure all the smog equipment is there as previously stated
            Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-16-2014, 06:58 PM.
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

the 351m in my F150 came out of a 79 FSB that was a smogged wheeler out of Santa Clara. It's got a ton of power. It's running an edelbrock intake with the removable 2bbl EGR plate.
              72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Working...
              X