Good day at the junkyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day at the junkyard

well i went to PICK AND PULL and I am ready for some POWER STEERING!!!!!!

just need to order WH frame braket for my 2wd box and a "BRONCO" script steering wheel from toms. I am going to paint all the stuff and maybe put it on next weekend or possibly the weekend after.

anyone have any tips for this 2WD box conversion? I know i need to put in a big spacer inside of the frame so it will not collapse. other than that i think im good to go
    Attached Files
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Nice find!! Hey I have a F150 2wd bracket. It looks a little ruff around the edges but It had worked well for me..

$25.00 to your door.

Aaron
    Attached Files
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Buy the bracket from Daddy for Zack and order the steering box brace from wild horses. Those two purchases will still be cheaper than buying the new bracket. Whatta Bargain.
      Tony
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I have one as well
        69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny
          I also would advise buying Aarons bracket, while it "May" look a little rough 20 or 30 min with a grinder and it would be a work of art--- If that is what you are after?

Gunny
          Shoot 4-5 min. It was welded to my frame so I just cut the welds off. the bracket is all good..
          A
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I think Gunny forgets to plug his grinder in.
            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler
              I think Gunny forgets to plug his grinder in.
              hahaah good one....

as long as it works i WILL TAKE IT!!
              {o===o}
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

that looks like the bracket that took me 20min. to cut off my frame....
                70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Sweet
                  1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by www.wildhorses4x4.com
                    If you want to piece the system together this will save you a lot of time. Our box bracket is a one piece double gusseted design. You will not find a better one anywhere!
                    well they do say that this one is the best and it double gusset! hahahaha

yes i will take it just shoot me over a PM and we can work out all the details..
                    {o===o}

Comment

can i change this title to "IM DUMB AND DIDNT PAY ATTENTION AT THE JUNKYARD"?
                      well turns out that the pump i have is no good. because the brackets dont work. the Brackets do not bolt on to the water pump.

then i figured outthe crank pully i have does not work because it sits to close to the motorand will not work.

The Fan Pulley doesnt work either b/c it is to big and will spin my water pump to slow and my alt to fast.

i just talked to someone and he sold me the two brakets for the pump to the motor.

so looks like what i need to buy is a new pump, new crank pulley, new fan pulley....

now this brings up another question. Do I need to make my steering shaft a slip joint??its $200 and i really dont want to buy it (but if i have to, i have to) anyone have any thoughts on that???

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...4331#post14331 (<--sell me your parts! )
                      {o===o}

Comment

you don't need a slip shaft. i usually use 2 borgeson joints and 3/4 'D' shaped material for the shaft so you don't have to weld the joints to the shaft... even though I prefer doing that for my own vehicles.

if you can fab a bit you can mod those brackets to work. ratchet and pull straps are your friend. You can suspend the pump where you want it then just make some tabs to the nearest bolts. afterwhich you can support and fully weld the mods.

I usually just get another pulley of any kind w/ the same diam of the crank pulley. then I cut out the center of the new pulley.. slide it over the back side of the crank pulley, line it up and burn it in place. 1 short belt... make a little pump bracket, and you're stylin.

if you don't fab I don't really have any answers. Never had anything propely bolt on in my life with my luck
                        Last edited by Sillyneck; 02-26-2007, 07:21 PM.
                        84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Comment

Working...
                        X