Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have any scrap pieces of 1.75 x .250 wall DOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have any scrap pieces of 1.75 x .250 wall DOM?

I need a couple of small pieces of some 1.75 x .250 wall DOM tubing. Maybe a foot total, but it can be in several small pieces. Anybody have any that they want to get ride of? I'd be happy to pay for it. My local metal yards don't carry DOM (special order only) and then I would need to buy a 20 foot stick.

I think I have some 1.5 1/4 wall, and 2 inch 1/4 wall, and 1.75 3/8 wall drops.

Whats more important to ya
    If you have to have it, but it online
    http://www.onlinemetals.com
    nevermind, they don't have a 1.75 1/4 wall
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Yeah I checked with online metal (even called them) and they don't carry it.

I suppose I could get your 1.75 x 3/8 and machine it out. What is the ID?

Comment

When I was moving last week, I found a short piece of DOM from my tie rod conversion. I will check and see what it is later today. I think it is 1.5X.250 though.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

What are you trying to do, I can get 2" .25 wall DOM.
          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I am building some rear spring shackles and need the correct ID for the leaf spring shackle bushing. 1.5 x .250 wall is too small of an ID, so I thought maybe some 1.75 x .250 wall might just fit.

Comment

So you are looking for something w/ a 1.25" ID?
              Last edited by highlander; 02-25-2007, 01:38 PM.
              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

http://www.bluetorchfab.com/shop/pro...roducts_id=140

Comment

The smaller bushing needs a 1 1/8 ID tube and the lager bushing needs a 1 1/4 ID tube. I can use either bushing, so I just need to find some 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 ID tube.

Comment

Does it need to be that heavy of tubing. I'm using Jeep YJ leaf spring bushing on my rear links, and they need the 1.25" ID. I'm using 1.5"X.120 wall tubing for mine. Seem to be holding up to my punishments over the last three years..
                    Marc D.

Comment

You know me, Mr. Overkill! I just wanted the extra thickness because I built my hangers and shackles out of 3/8 plate! So I didn't really want to go any thinner than 1/4 wall tubing. One less thing for me to worry about breaking out in BFE.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
                        You know me, Mr. Overkill! I just wanted the extra thickness because I built my hangers and shackles out of 3/8 plate! So I didn't really want to go any thinner than 1/4 wall tubing. One less thing for me to worry about breaking out in BFE.
                        Makes sense, but I'm sure the thinner tubing would hold up. So, how much does that overkilled beast weigh now? Maybe if I followed in your ways I wouldn't be breaking every time I go out.
                        Marc D.

Comment

Hey, don't you know better than to ask a lady how much she weighs!? LOL! I don't know, I've never weighed her. I would like to one of these days though.

Originally posted by earlybronco72
                          Makes sense, but I'm sure the thinner tubing would hold up. So, how much does that overkilled beast weigh now? Maybe if I followed in your ways I wouldn't be breaking every time I go out.

Comment

Yeah, I would like to weigh mine one of these days so I can see how much weight I have on each axle, and then figure out what it will be with the front end moved forward.
                            Marc D.

Comment

I ordered a 1 ft. piece of 1.75 x .250 wall DOM from Blue Torch today. It was $10.

Comment

Working...
                              X